beta implementation (TEST FILES INCLUDED)

Bringing the text of SotS2 up to date for Russian and German players as well as expanding into other languages.

Moderators: kenshiro, castewarkp, Eleahen, motorbit

Forum rules
While this project lives or dies by the exceptional efforts of poly-lingual fans, there is the potential for debate. The main things to remember is that bad Russian/German is better than nothing at all, so while we respect that there are various and subtle options for certain words and concepts, please keep the debate here (not in the public docs), allow Kerberos and super-user mods to make final rulings, and regardless if your suggestions are used, your input was invaluable and you helped make it happen.
castewarkp
Site Admin

beta implementation (TEST FILES INCLUDED)

Post by castewarkp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm going to try and move the Google translations into the game, to upload into the beat tonight - the beta goes public fairly soon (possibly as early as Friday), so I'd like to get a sense of how close the docs are to initial translation (not final, perfect translation, but functional translation) - Russian looks completely done, with German and French missing a few here and there. That's fine for the beta upload, but before I throw the switch on the next public, I need to know where everything is at.
Then speech strings!

castewarkp
Site Admin

TEST FILES

Post by castewarkp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am

Here are the checked and game formatted versions of the Google docs for all three languages (see attached - manually drop into locale folders)

These aren't for public release, I'm just making them available to the translators if they'd like to try them out. Everybody else, try them at your own risk.

With luck, German and French can cover the last few strings, even if in basic functional form, and we'll include them in the public update this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Re: TEST FILES

Post by Eleahen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 am

castewarkp wrote:Here are the checked and game formatted versions of the Google docs for all three languages (see attached - manually drop into locale folders)

These aren't for public release, I'm just making them available to the translators if they'd like to try them out. Everybody else, try them at your own risk.

We've managed to run and try our translation without additional formatting.

File - Download as - Comma Separated Values (.csv, current sheet)

We renamed resulting file to strings.csv and placed it in appropriate folder.
Wouldn't work with recent addition of new quote mark columns.

kenshiro

Re: TEST FILES

Post by kenshiro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 pm

castewarkp wrote:Here are the checked and game formatted versions of the Google docs for all three languages (see attached - manually drop into locale folders)

With luck, German and French can cover the last few strings, even if in basic functional form, and we'll include them in the public update this week.

I just trying the fr string:
The game is working fine with this but all the caracter like "é,à,è....." is replace by ? in game.

Azrael Ultima

Re: beta implementation (TEST FILES INCLUDED)

Post by Azrael Ultima » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Did you try it in the current version or in the beta-patch? Full unicode support should only be in the latter.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Launch apathy protocols. Visual rotational thrusters engaged. Scroll command to HAND/DEXTER/02 received. Submitting pressure request to location Left Mouse. Visual augur confirms hit on Planetary Annihilation General Discussion.

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Azrael Ultima wrote:Did you try it in the current version or in the beta-patch? Full unicode support should only be in the latter.

I try both

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Before I derail a programmer, can someone else with the beta (and new unicode changes) give it a try - I will as well.

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Just open the string with bloc-note and you see the special caracter is like:
-"D��Tour Suivant:"
-"Co�t Colonies"
-"Arr�te le vaisseaux s�l�ctionner"
ect.......

I chek the DE string and this is the same but not on the RU string ????????

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Confirmed - in my focus to maintain the russian characters in their locale file (where ALL the characters were getting stripped somewhere), I missed that German and French were losing their less frequent special characters. Just a saving error on my part. Sorting it out now.

castewarkp
Site Admin

French fixed

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 am

Still getting weirdness with the German files, but here's French.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

castewarkp
Site Admin

German sorta fixed

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 am

Here's the fixed German - no lost characters in the file, but when you start it up, you'll notice the SotSpedia button in the main menu has an off character. We're looking into it, as it might be coming from within the game as the data is handed around.

If any line translation additions are made to French or German between now and tomorrow morning, please mark them in the Google doc as a colour, so I'll know what changed and will make sure to get them into the game locales.

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 am

Working good for FR string. I just try the string in game and everything is ok. ;)

Return to “Localization”