Some french version possible corrections.

Bringing the text of SotS2 up to date for Russian and German players as well as expanding into other languages.

Moderators: Eleahen, motorbit, castewarkp, kenshiro

Forum rules
While this project lives or dies by the exceptional efforts of poly-lingual fans, there is the potential for debate. The main things to remember is that bad Russian/German is better than nothing at all, so while we respect that there are various and subtle options for certain words and concepts, please keep the debate here (not in the public docs), allow Kerberos and super-user mods to make final rulings, and regardless if your suggestions are used, your input was invaluable and you helped make it happen.
Ludovsky

Some french version possible corrections.

Post by Ludovsky » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm not sure how to start this, but I'm actually french canadian(my real name is "Ludovic", for an idea). My first language is thus french, and there were some areas in the french versions which I feel might be innacurately translated or might need (some) work.

As such, here are some I spotted:

From the main Menu:

"Continuer Jeu"
and
"Creer Jeu"

Though game does translate to "Jeu", "Jeu" as such rather refers to the Game itself, that is "Sword of the Stars". A more accurate word would actually be "Partie" which actually refers to a play session such as when we are actually playing when creating a game.

A more accurate translation might be :

"Continuer une partie" and "Creer une Partie"
(I note that "Partie" is in fact already used, as well, in "Charger Partie"(Loading game) ).

I will update this thread with more things I comc accross as I find them. Otherwise, I hope this help, however minor it was.

kenshiro

Re: Some french version possible corrections.

Post by kenshiro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Salut,
Send me your email in PM so I can add you in the google doc fr.
Some help is welcome.

Return to “Localization”