Skipped floor weird happenings

Hiccups and bugs go here. We can't help you with chronic character death.

Moderator: lavamadness

Skipped floor weird happenings

Postby Fightersword » Sun May 25, 2014 2:58 am

The wormhole trap is a common (and annoying) trap. while happily skipping through floor ten, my tired scout unfortunately landed upon one of these. It knocked her down 2 floors to floor twelve, and everything seemed normal. Since I had the time and food, I skipped on back up to floor 11, which is when things took an odd turn.

upon entering the floor, no monster monster would move to come after me. monsters with range, such as security bots, did in fact shoot at me, so they seemed to be aware of my presence, but none of them could actually move. and every enemy on the floor, including monsters with pretty large pools of HP like the moon bear, went down in one hit. All the objects had disappeared and were replaced with blue squares, which is something I also tend to see when I smash a maintenance bay or master mind to the point of disappearing. the objects were still clearly there, and I could identify them by walking into them (as it would give their names). one hit would also destroy them. the same was true for doors. a single medium punch for 1.4 damage destroyed an otherwise undamaged door.

oddly enough, when a monster shot one of the blue block objects (the confused tarka females doing what they do), the object's sprite actually came back and it had full health (minus the damage the chick did to it of course). can't provide proof for this unfortunately.

though the wounded animation played for the mechas, it did not play for the organic enemies.

here's some images. the first two are just random pics of mechas and some missing buildings. the 3rd is of the map overall after running all over it, and the fourth shows me attacking a moon bear for 5 damage and it dying. it may show me attacking something twice later, but that's after I had run back to floor 10, which was unaffected.

http://i.imgur.com/rywxsDe.png
http://i.imgur.com/yggMq1v.png
http://i.imgur.com/K2h2ZeX.png
http://i.imgur.com/wN7RMYn.png

and here's a video showing me one punching the bats (who aren't moving), doing the same to the door, and showing some of the 'blue box objects'. I can also apparently sleep on the bed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeB8chdyMhU

I was playing on easy (had beaten normal a week ago so felt like mindless fun) when this happened. I don't know if the wormhole trap had anything to do with it, but I had come back to the floor from floor 12 after having skipped it. This hasn't ever happened before (to me) nor has it affected any other floors so far. It's probably just a rare, random thing, but I thought it'd be worth dropping it here regardless.
Fightersword

Re: Skipped floor weird happenings

Postby Ciurrioc » Sun May 25, 2014 3:34 am

is that run still available? as you didn't die right? if so post the Save here and it'll give the devs more to dissect. I've never heard of something like this happening but the Proofs in the pudding.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"He who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13
Ciurrioc

Postby Raketo » Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 am

Hello Kerberos, Hello Forum,
exactly the same happened to me, now the 2nd time on my Tarka Ranger run.
Both times i stepped on a Wormhole Trap. The floor you get teleportet to is fine, but when you move back up, it is as Fightersword explained.
Im now on the way back to the floor with the Wormhole Trap (was teleportet from 35 to 37, floor 36 is the one with the odd behavior.)
I have over 230 hrs playtime (and just one win! :shock: ) so i hope this does not ruin my run,because i have good chances to win 8)
Never had this before (or any other problem ) maybe it has something to do with the latest DLC?
I add the save file (hope it works )
AutoSaveRanger.sav

And thanks to you guys at Kerberos, you made a great Game :love:
I hope you understand my english, its not my native language.
Raketo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raketo

Postby Khrowe » Sun May 25, 2014 12:27 pm

I want to say something similar to this happened in the past, but I am having trouble finding the post in the tech support forums. Try givng it a look yourself.

I suggest you post a save with this problem so it can be looked at.
Khrowe

Postby Fightersword » Sun May 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Ciurrioc wrote:is that run still available? as you didn't die right? if so post the Save here and it'll give the devs more to dissect. I've never heard of something like this happening but the Proofs in the pudding.

yes, I'm still in the run as we speak. currently on floor 19. no other floor seems affected. if you can tell me how to get the save, I'll happily get it. for now I'll stop playing in case any further changes will make it more complicated.

I tried to get the pics and sotsdex and vid just to get as much proof as I could so it wouldn't seem like some random prank, and to give everyone as much as I could to work with. but yeah, the save would be the best thing. I haven't ever grabbed the save in this game before, but I'll try and find it.
Fightersword

Postby Fightersword » Sun May 25, 2014 11:04 pm

alright guys I found it. Hope this helps ya'll out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fightersword

Postby Airk » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:01 am

I too have this issue. Here is my save file. This is pretty much reproduceable anytime I hit a wormhole trap.
Airk

Postby lavamadness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Thanks for the saves!

The bug is fixed, however the fix does not correct existing save games.
David Salsman
Senior Programmer,
Kerberos Productions
lavamadness
Kerberos

Return to Technical Support