Unreachable Room - Totally Stuck on Floor 22

Hiccups and bugs go here. We can't help you with chronic character death.

Moderator: lavamadness

PuceGoose

Post by PuceGoose » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 am

I'm pretty sure this bug has been reported before at least once (see Lucky's thread from a couple months ago @ viewtopic.php?f=66&t=54818), but on one of my best runs thus far (I'm not great at this game yet), I've had the super-disappointing realization that I'm on a Floor 22 that has apparently generated with the exit in a totally unreachable room. If there's any other information I can provide to help with debugging this just let me know, but here are a couple screenshots showing the issue:

http://imgur.com/JunAyzQ&KpJXmjm :mg: !wtf

It could be coincidental, but I couldn't help but notice that the buggy floor layout that was generated for me is pretty similar to Lucky's, especially in that the isolated room is off to the bottom right from a hiver queen room, so maybe that can help to zero in on whatever the bug in the floor generation is.

Also, aside from just reporting this as a bug, does anyone more knowledgeable (like I said, I'm still kind of a noob) have any ideas about potential workarounds? It's really frustrating to get so far for the first time on Normal and just have to give up while I'm still flush with weapons, armor, and food. I thought about backtracking to a biome level exit I had seen several floors back, but it turned out to be too many floors behind me. I also combed through all of the rooms in the previous floors that I could backtrack to looking for alternate exits and even deliberately set off a couple wormhole traps on myself, but no dice. Honestly, I'd even be open to a little save file manipulation if that sort of thing is possible. But, as much of a bummer as it is, I guess I can live with it if I have to ditch this run. I just don't feel like I know enough about the game yet to be sure if this is a lost cause or not, so any input would be appreciated.

skugge

Re: Unreachable Room - Totally Stuck on Floor 22

Post by skugge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:19 am

Wow. That sucks.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 pm

If you could upload your save game, I'm pretty sure someone from Kerberos will fix it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PuceGoose

Post by PuceGoose » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:28 am

Well, I was pretty salty about this for a while, but I'm kinda over it now. I've since made it to Floor 40 with the Engineer only to starve two rooms from whatever's at the very bottom of the pit, so I'm way saltier about that now haha. But, if it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for someone at Kerberos to mess with the save a bit, here's the save file and the log file.

http://wikisend.com/download/965102/AutoSaveRanger.sav
http://wikisend.com/download/429474/log.txt

Either way, maybe it'll help with debugging what went wrong here. I did notice several lines in the log file about '<Hall>' and 'failed to to place prop' so maybe that's related.

lavamadness
Kerberos

Post by lavamadness » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:09 am

Hi PuceGoose,

I can't fix the orphaned room, but I can put you in it. I wasn't able to post this sooner because the forums were down before I left for Xmas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Salsman
Senior Programmer,
Kerberos Productions

Return to “Technical Support”