A few bugs

Hiccups and bugs go here. We can't help you with chronic character death.

Moderator: lavamadness

Squiggler

A few bugs

Post by Squiggler » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:13 pm

- Enemies that take knockback will sometimes perform their next turn from their original position. For example, an enemy with one movespeed is at (0, 0), gets knocked to (0, 1), and then moves to the right. It should end up at (1, 1) but instead it ends up at (0, 1).

- AI pathing is dumb around pillars. If you stand behind or next to one of those hallway pillars, half the time the AI will think you are unreachable and/or try to go all the way around. Allows you to cheese (sometimes unintentionally) tough monsters that only use melee.

- Oftentimes, when a retriever/specimen taker/collector is inside of a room and the player is outside, it will shuffle back and forth between two adjacent spaces inside the room, indefinitely, instead of seeking out the player.

- Sometimes (always?) you cannot damage certain biome enemies until you walk close enough to them. In particular, this happens with sunflowers (which is a big problem because they degrade armor). I shoot at them from a long distance and then shot does nothing, as if I had shot a fruit tree or a rock. Only after walking closer to them and "activating" them can they take damage. I think it also happens with other biome enemies (bloodvines maybe?) but I'm not sure.

- You can reach the next level without triggering the level up sound. I think this might be an off by one error.

- You cannot cancel a multi-turn action (e.g. opening a container) when there is just one turn left. This can be a big problem if you are trying to do something in the same room as a slow enemy that you want to avoid rather than kill, and you take damage because you are unable to cancel the action when the enemy reaches you.

- CTD when item in use leaves inventory. I believe this was fixed in the case of bots stealing items from your inventory, but not in other cases.

- Game occasionally crashes when triggering a wormhole trap. Next time this happens I'll check the logs.

- Your turn immediately ends when you detect a trap, even if you have movement points left. Or is this intended behavior?

- Enemies with three grenades that throw/shoot two per turn (heavy bots, apes) will do the animations and sound for two throws even when they have only one grenade left.

- When a tesseract well failure destroys an item, it doesn't actually destroy it. (Although I wouldn't mind it if this bug would remain :D)

- You cannot target psionics on invisible enemies.

- You cannot target a specific square when there is a door on that square. For example, in the attached image, I control+clicked to attack the targeted square to my right with my SAR. But I killed an enemy directly above me, because the game had me target the door rather than the square I specifically clicked on, and the game choose to center my attack on some other square that is part of the door. This can be a problem when doing shotgun attacks, cleave attacks, fighting invisible enemies under doors, etc. Also, see when he is unable to shoot his shotgun at 3:50:20 in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2/v/47852733

- Puppet bug at 27:20 in this vid: http://www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2/v/47137489

- It would be nice to be able to force manual control over a companion (e.g. sasquatch), for example when you are up against an invisible enemy.

Also, would it be possible to expand the number of hotkey slots? Maybe add 10 new shift+number slots? So many psionics, so many weapons, so many misc wearable items to toggle on and off.

Big fan of the game, thanks for reading!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Squiggler

Re: A few bugs

Post by Squiggler » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm

- Psi recharge traps will drain you if you are above your max psi (e.g. from slave collar)

- Sometimes when enemies shoot flame throwers they will hurt targets both in front of and behind them (the animation is played in only one direction)

Squiggler

Post by Squiggler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 am

- Crazed tarkas will sometimes shoot the wall. (Or maybe they are trying to shoot an enemy that moves behind the wall, since they shoot and enemies move simultaneously?)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:06 am

I think crazed covers that one ;)

Squiggler

Post by Squiggler » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:53 am

- Pheromone bait works on mecha (although I love this bug)
- Enemies sometimes use all their movement points and use a psi power on the same turn (e.g. an uberwolf moves 4 squares and uses invisibility)
- Feared enemies can use psionics (or is this intentional?)
- This bug ("Enemies that take knockback will sometimes perform their next turn from their original position. For example, an enemy with one movespeed is at (0, 0), gets knocked to (0, 1), and then moves to the right. It should end up at (1, 1) but instead it ends up at (0, 1).") also can occur when you teleport enemies.
- Enemies that are wormholed down still finish their attack even after they have disappeared
- Projectiles from enemies do no damage when the shooter is killed before the projectiles hit (e.g. a bot shoots at you, but is killed by a crazed tarka before his bullets reach you)
- Sometimes a floor will be completely revealed before being explored (happens very often when you get wormholed down)
- Flame throwers will sometimes hit twice as often as normal (for example, sometimes the fryoid will hit you four times with each of his two attacks, for a total of 8 hits)
- There are two different white door traps. (Or is this intentional? Because if it is, it's pretty confusing.)
- Sometimes, when you are surrounded, a monster next to you will do nothing. No movement, no attacking, it will just sit there. (For example, just recently I was in the corner of a room surrounded by a moon bear and two other enemies. The moon bear was not wounded or feared. It just sat there for four turns while I attacked the other two. Afterward, it woke up. This isn't the only time this has happened.)
- If you're fast enough, you can perform an action on the first turn after becoming paralyzed (same with shrapnel storm).
- Weapons that do multiple attacks per turn can (sometimes?) do damage as if they are a different gun if you drop them before the attack completes.

My latest wormhole trap crash was due to the pit running out of memory. 16 GB RAM here, 6700HQ, GTX 960M. Insane merc, wormholed from floor 38 to floor 40. Attached are the logs.

EDIT: Also, hand cannon spawns with high cal rounds but no heavy slugs. Heavy machine guns comes with a ton of rifle rounds but no high cal rounds. Is this intended?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Squiggler

Post by Squiggler » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Hand cannon spawns with high cal rounds but no heavy slugs. Heavy machine guns comes with a ton of rifle rounds but no high cal rounds. Is this intended?

Shaka'sal can detect invisible enemies only when they are outside of your LOS.

Cyborg enemies are immune to the fear ray. Is this intended?

Shotguns will hit disguised adaptoids twice. Only the first shot of a multi-shot weapon's volley will hit an adaptoid.

Only one square of a manufacturing bay can actually be hit.

It is possible to preempt a psi attack started on the previous turn if you act quickly enough. (E.g. a spider casts life drain on you. On your next turn, you attack and kill it before the animation completes. Then the life drain does not go through). Is this intended?

Return to “Technical Support”