Filtration Mask destroyed on Explosion

Hiccups and bugs go here. We can't help you with chronic character death.

Moderator: lavamadness

LuckyLuckLuc

Filtration Mask destroyed on Explosion

Post by LuckyLuckLuc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 am

Really happy with the new DLC so far! It's a good one.

So I noticed that the filtration mask got destroyed upon being hit by an explosion. I do believe this makes sense and is a decent change but would it not be better to give it some durability instead?

There was a similar bug in the past with a no durability item (stun Prod or whatever it is called) which got auto destroyed upon any explosion dmg. Would just like to confirm that the same bug isn't occurring. Having it break upon one explosion might seem a bit harsh and render the item near useless. I'm not sure if you have to be wearing it or not to break on explosion.
Check out my livestream and watch me suffer in the Pit!

http://www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKdwXQK6nQT8piuDY1kZFtw
Completed (no blue room - no Ammo cheat) -
Insane Engineer
Insane Marine
Insane Scout
Insane Psion
Insane Ranger
Insane Striker
Insane Hiver
Insane Shepherd
Insane Mercenary
Insane Medic
All classes hard

Sard Caid

Re: Filtration Mask destroyed on Explosion

Post by Sard Caid » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 pm

I had the same thing happen to me, Filtration mask with The Healer expansion now shows 0 armor rating, but no durability. Mask died upon receiving damage from a weapon attack. I agree with Lucky and think that if an item is vulnerable to attack, it should show its durability.

I think the addition of equip time to the filtration mask was a good balance change, but making the mask vulnerable to weapons fire should mean it gains some amount of durability.

Return to “Technical Support”