Disease!

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Thamuzz

Disease!

Post by Thamuzz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 am

So, most recent run. Playin' the Scout, on normal.
It seemed to be blessed. By the time I reached the second sub floor, I was level 3 and had 10 solforce rations and a heap of rounds for my autopistol.
On the second subfloor, I found myself a shotgun, rounds, and 3 sotswhiches, and various crafting ingredients. I also contracted a lvl 1 disease that would not go away. Seriously, it jumped up to lvl3, then down, then up. It just wouldn't go away. I finally shook it off, but then and there I had a premonition that it would be disease that ended me.
The next 9 sublevel went by in a blur. By sublevel 4 I had an autoshotgun and an autorifle, and I'd found another sotswhich.
By level 6, I had 2 assault rifles, an ez cooker and the ingredients for a stack of 4 hyper-antibiotics, and the ingredients for chitin armor. I felt that I had been saved from my premonition.
On level 7, I found my first lab station and went on a crafting spree. In the next room, I found refractive armor. By the time I exited the level, I had 400+ rounds for both my pistol and my assault rifles.
On 8 and 9 that refractive armor saved me from a pair of Morrigi Drones, a whole pack of security droids managed to cluster themselves for an emp grenade, and I found 2 Tarkasian autodocks and 4 nanohealing modules.
On level 10, after taking down a plauge beast, I stepped up to a medium weapon locker. I turned out to be an adaptoid. I blew the thing away, but not before it infected me with a lvl 4 disease.
I used a hyper-antibiotic. I failed the medical check. Foolishly, I took a step. The disease worsened. I fell dead, with full heath, full stomach and a full inventory.

The Sadorandomizer giveth, and the Sadorandomizer taketh away. Here endeth the lesson. :D

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Disease!

Post by Mecron » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 am

Hmmm adaptoids don't give disease. :shock:

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 am

Then... what...
*Looks at plague beast corpse*
I suddenly suspect that I was walking around with that disease for a few more turns than I thought I was. How the heck did I miss that?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 am

When things get crazy in the pit you could do a study in stress blindness. I do stuff like that all the time ;)

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 am

Just ended a glorious playthrough because I was busy trying to punch everything to death and didn't notice that I was poisoned until I go the big (screen-sized) notification that I'd reached poison 5.

The pain. The paaaaain.

Return to “War Stories”