tales of the sadorandomized

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
GildedBear

tales of the sadorandomized

Post by GildedBear » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 pm

All in one run as a engineer: 600 rifle ammo with nothing that can use it after 10 levels. My starting armor finally falls apart and no armor locker provides anything but armor repair kits and biomods, with a 99% success rate. Managed to find a thumper and make a rage beam, but I only ever had a single energy pack for them, no energy cells either. My standard weapon was an autopistol. I died to a swarm of enemies in the start room of level 12.

Sayeth

Re: tales of the sadorandomized

Post by Sayeth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am

This sounds pretty much liek my ordinary run as an engineer :insane:
Although I usually repair my armor so much that it more resembles duct tape with a pieces of vest :D
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Tape can be armor ;)

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Mecron wrote:Tape can be armor ;)

Duct tape Armor! Now with less armor! :insane:
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Dudemaniclese

Post by Dudemaniclese » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

I've got like 500 assault rifle ammo on my Engi right now; it's pretty much my go-to item when I need to drop something and need to make space. I've been pretty lucky on drops so far, though. I'm actually quite scared of dying right now, lol; my Engineer atm is way more badass than anything I've had before.

Hamann

Post by Hamann » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 am

I was happy when I got a key to unlock all the doors in the level, until I realized I had started a brand new game and was in the first, and it has no doors...
Hannster on Steam
Nubirak on most MMOs

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am

Engi the 3rd, Pit Level 17 on Normal:

"What's this? A Lightning Blade? That looks cool. And its and ingredient for something!"

*crosses hallway, opens door*

"A protean? Better shoot it and not risk the acid. I'll try the blade out later."

*Von-Neumann Probe from OFF-SCREEN shoots beam, L. Blade is disintegrated*
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:23 am

Lvl7 Engi Floor 7.
9 rooms out of 11 are completely empty of loot.
The two rooms that did have loot had pistol round HE grenades and a rifle.
Too bad Im in dire need of medical supplies. :cry:

nokonoko

Post by nokonoko » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Floor 22, got grabbed by an armored bear and melted by a huge acid slime. Ate my lightning sword and big red armor, my laser carbine, auto pistol, thumper, assault rifle and not even 12 nanomeds could save me at that point.

Treasonis

Post by Treasonis » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Engineer Ralf story.
After descending down to 8 levels surviving few very close calls like getting blinded by trap door and attacked by multitude of enemys swinging wildly his knife at every direction till there was no one left, now with his eyesight back he eyed hungrily at those 2 rotten cheese he had still in his backbag left from the very first floor, thinking back his sol rations that were so distasteful at the beginning of his journey felt like a feast to him, he would give up his arm for one of those ration or that delicious Sotswich he learned the make before coming to the pit, but no all he now had was these rotten cheeses even the rat meat has been eaten at this point, he was about to starve so he took a deep breath and shoved that muddy piece of food in his mouth.

As he gulped it down the Sotsdex immediately alarmed him about disease that he had contracted, level 2 it seems. Ralf sighed and eat another rotten cheese knowing full well he did not have any disease protection or cure but at least he didn't starve and descended down to level 9 where he was greeted by few scavengebots and the usual menace. After a long prolonged fight he felt a bit dizzy and noticed lvl 4 warning "ohh.. this cant be good!" he said, and he had just found automatic rifle to use all those rifle ammunition he had collected, he quickly searched room the room for something anything that could save him.

Just before he fell for the disease he pried open one of the freezer and found 1 sotshwich witch he just looked in disbelief, if only he would have not eaten those cheeses..

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 pm

lol my private pain is the poisonous foodbar

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 am

I had found a brawler armor and a ton of weapons (three each of laser carbines, mag pistols, autopistols and one shotgun and laser pistol) and everything was going extremely well. Too well in fact, I could feel that this character was going to die to something stupid. Around level 16 the sadorandomizer had decided to grant me insufficient food to stave away hunger. When I realized a floor had no food left I ventured to the next one before completely looting the previous floor out of desperation, thinking I would return once I was no longer starving. No such luck: in desperation I would search through each level for freezers or anything with calories gunning down even the most trivial of enemies with my most powerful weapons and leaving behind opportunities for looting and crafting just to conserve turns, until I would once again realize there was no food left on the level and was forced to descend to the next level.

Finally on level 21, starving with my inventory munched away by multiple large proteans, having ran out of med-kits and anti-venom I succumbed to a Toxoid. Damn it was frustrating: to get attacked by wave after wave of biomass which for some reason is too bad to eat for a starving woman.

Return to “War Stories”