Engineer's Sotsdesk

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Dudemaniclese

Engineer's Sotsdesk

Post by Dudemaniclese » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:15 am

Sol Force command, do you copy? This is Engineer 437. I have only now regained my ability to transmit. I salvaged what parts I could from the various robots I've decommissioned. I hope you can hear this; my report follows:

1,527 units of standard time have passed since I arrived. I've made it down to SubFloor 6, but I'm starting to encounter difficulties. I'm down to my last ration; I have, however, managed to scrounge up some food pellets, and a few loaves of what appears to be bread. I've taken to rationing, but food has not been my primary concern. My equipment is starting to fail me; my standard pistol has proven invaluable so far, but the deeper I go, the more of these beasts there are, and the more I worry for my sanity. The life forms I've encountered here are getting bigger, and more aggressive.

I sit here now, writing this, having wasted the last of my lockpicks. These lockers are large enough to hold weapons; that's what I kept telling myself. Yet every one I opened, and every one had ammunition. I found a blue bio mod in this last locker, but I have no means of knowing what it does currently. If I'm not able to scrounge up a weapon soon, I fear I will perish here.

I was able to fashion a few make shift lockpicks, but I do not think they will be as useful as the standard issue Sol Force set. Nevertheless, I cannot turn back. Everything is on the line. Everything I've recovered from consoles so far has reinforced the theory that this place holds secrets that may save us, and so I must continue. The clothes on my back are beginning to shred, but I must go on.
Last edited by Dudemaniclese on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dudemaniclese

Re: Engineer's Sotsdesk

Post by Dudemaniclese » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:34 am

Things have quickly gone from bad to worse. I saw an important looking door, but upon attempting entry, I was stopped by two security bots. I've been shot several times. I've managed to shut the door behind me after evading them, but I don't know how long it will be until they find me. It's possible that they're searching for me right now. I suppose they may be programmed to defend that area, though. I'm going to patch myself up and find out. I shudder to think what horrors lie down this stair case, and as I am ill equipped to handle the ones on this floor already, I must take the chance. The devil you know, as they say.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:43 am

Very cool! Moar! :D

Dudemaniclese

Post by Dudemaniclese » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:50 am

Well, that guy got nailed by an Adaptoid, so his story is over. I'm running another Engi atm but nothing particularly interesting has happened.

Hopefully other people will post some cool stories about Engineering; I have been doing it in an attempt to decypher as much of the text as I can. My furthest run is from the one time I played Marine, but the guy I was writing about earlier made a new 2nd furthest for me.

Dudemaniclese

Post by Dudemaniclese » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 am

Engineer #439: 1,565 units of time since arrival

This place is pretty nice. I found a rechargeable medibot and a bunch of auto pistols, there are repair chairs everywhere, and all the traps seem to recharge my electronics! What new wonders will I see on floor 7?

I don't know what the last few guys we sent down here were talking about; this place is awesome!

Return to “War Stories”