The Marine that finaly got some. *Spoilers*

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Necronson

The Marine that finaly got some. *Spoilers*

Post by Necronson » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm

So first of all. Hi there, new to these forums and I would just like to say that I love the game. And this is my story.

So I started my marine and everything went smooth the first floors as always, finding an unusual amount of food though. At one point I had like 8 Herosotwiches and tons of other food items. And I thought to myself hmm this will be an easy run. My previous runs had ended in disaster mostly thanks to me not finding any weapons at all on my engineer. But this run yielded a great amount of weapons and ammunition. Everything was like a breeze down until level 20 or so when VN's decided to pulverize my favorite weapon "The Autorifle". Luckily for me I still had my Laser carbine that made short work of almost anything. Not to say that my Magrifle was a disapointment. I saved all my Magrifle shots for those pesky big guys.

Now everything was going dandy as I said until about level 24 when my armor was falling in pieces. Like ok that's fine I can fix it and I'll probably find another one later on so I won't pick up these low armor ones I found a couple of levels ago. Big mistake. Little did I know one of the Augmentation hoodingies was going to mess up my whole day. I was happily running around the level slaughtering monsters and robots without so much as a sweat, abit of a wear and tear on my armor so that's no biggie. And what do I find? Augmentation, yay i thought! 99% success rate is said. Well gimme some sugah baby! Ohh boy did I enjoy the outcome of suddenly becoming "Ravenous". My so full stockup of food started to dwindle fast meanwhile my ammo stock started going downhill aswell. My poor chitin armor was down to 20 durability when I reached level 27. This was getting problematic, I needed some new armor and fast, only problem was the only armor I knew of was several floors up and my stomach was growling, should I go back and get some armor and possibly starve to death or continue on and hopefully find some armor? I chose the latter, hoping to all merciful gods above that one lucky container would contain some kind of protection.

So I got down to level 29 and woe is me, ducttape armor falls to pieces. Awell nothing that can be done about it now. I avoided as much fighting as I possibly could thanks to my "Super mega awesome x-ray helmet" <3 love you. I found the exit and descended to the last floor. OMG i might finaly make it. I might finaly beat the game. Checking my inventory my hopes were thrown out the window seeing what I had left. Mag rifle with a 150 rounds, Autoshotgun with 100 rounds. Laser rifle with no ammo. But what I did have was 2600 Rifle rounds and 900 pistol rounds, and I was gonna unload on all these suckers like no tomorrow, If I only had any of the required weapons for the ammuntion. Grr! I moved on and faced the first room which wasn't to bad, with lots and lots of small rodents that my adamantium sword could chop it's way through. I proceeded by choping my way through every importent looking door. Hoping that was the right way through this horrible maze of death. Many rooms later and many corpses of foes left behind I finaly find the last chamber. My goal. I open up the stasis pod and what the? A girl? Wasn't I trying to find a cure for some virus?

The lesson for this story? Never ever thrust that 99%. For the love of god pick up a spare armor. Luckily with almost 900hp you can pretty much shake off any serious hail of bullets/lasers. Get the freaking x-ray helmet asap! And screw you VN's! And thus ends my journey to get my Marine laid, or something, I don't know. Now give me some sugar, baby!

ThePit-20130314-183008-009.jpg

ThePit-20130314-183626-022.jpg

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: The Marine that finaly got some. *Spoilers*

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 pm

;) the girl is the cure...read more messages...but well done!

Dri

Post by Dri » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Congrats! I've yet to clear all 30 floors but I'll keep at it! Starting with HARD and refusing to lower it might be the issue... :noid:

Necronson

Post by Necronson » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Mecron wrote:;) the girl is the cure...read more messages...but well done!

Yeah when I get enough playthroughs done, and thank you :P

Dri wrote:Congrats! I've yet to clear all 30 floors but I'll keep at it! Starting with HARD and refusing to lower it might be the issue... :noid:

Hehe I haven't tried the other levels of difficulty yet so I don't know what changes between them. But I thought normal would be the smartest to start out with concidering I had nothing to go on as far as what enemies to watch out for and what weapons works well. But now I'm gonna take a jump over to Insane and see if that goes well :). And thanks!

Return to “War Stories”