What was your best (worst?) death in the pit?

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
fibio

Re: What was your best (worst?) death in the pit?

Post by fibio » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Mecron wrote:Fib, note geers should use those 2 medkits ;)

But what if I needed them later! ;p
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm

You die a lot with your magic missile spell still saved don't you ;)

Dudemaniclese

Post by Dudemaniclese » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 pm

For as rare as medkits usually are for me, I kept finding them fast enough to drop medkits with 2 charges left in favor of full ones.

Maybe that's why the crazy doctor guy threw knockout gas at me over and over. He knew I had what he needed, those sweet sweet hypostims

Skateblind

Post by Skateblind » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:24 am

Ran out food, skipped one armoury room on the level I was on when I became weak with hunger and decided to go down a level to look for food. Ladder goes down into a kitchen! Find some raw meat and muffin, ate the muffin and made pungent meat which I ate as well. I again have no food but at least I am not weak anymore. I explore some more to find a store room with a freezer in, unfortunately I fail the mechanical check and jam the freezer. I explore some more and find a second kitchen with a 2 worms, a red bat and a plain white bear. Low on ammo I throw 2 grenades and kill everything. The bear drops 3 raw meat and I find 3 cooked meat in a freezer, so I make a roast beast and enjoy a tasty meal.

I go down to the next level to find myself in a room with one exit and an unknown trap door. 6 Pistol bullets left, no armour, no grenades and my knife is flashing with low durability. I walk through the trap and it blinds me. I hear a small bot near by, I attack in a spot next to me and it hits the bot, I kill it after a few more hits. I go back into the room, wait 10 turns and walk back through the door blind. I hear some enemies moving towards me, I stand my ground because I can't go back through the door in case I get my sight back only to have to get blinded again when I walk through. I attack random spots next to me with my knife and hit a pup, but an acid blob is attacking me too apparently, so my knife gets destroyed. I shoot the blob, I miss a few times and run out of bullets. After a few attempted punches I die blind and hungry with no armor, no knife and no bullets for the one gun I have on level 6.

I am glad the RNG have me those 4 Ballistic repair kits, 200+ rifle ammo, 200+ flechette, 100+shotgun bullets, training band, memory optimizer and coding avatar, but some food, pistol bullets, armor repair gear or a knife repair kit could have maybe, just maybe, been a little more useful on the low(high?) floors.

Oh well... :insane:

Alehandr WS

Post by Alehandr WS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Hear the most epic story of The Pit exploring!

I found a piece of Rotten Cheese on floor 1, ate it and died shortly from lack of lavatory (L3 disease rapidly progressed to L5).

Fin.

jakkdl

Post by jakkdl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Alehandr WS wrote:Hear the most epic story of The Pit exploring!

I found a piece of Rotten Cheese on floor 1, ate it and died shortly from lack of lavatory (L3 disease rapidly progressed to L5).

Fin.

Why would you ever eat a rotten cheese on floor 1, they can be useful for crafting later and don't think you were out of inventory space/hungry that earlier :lol:
http://sword-of-the-stars-the-pit.wikia.com
Lists of recipes, armors, weapons, messages, equipment and everything else you might need.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 pm

also what happened to your medkit? ;)

Alehandr WS

Post by Alehandr WS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 pm

jakkdl wrote:Why would you ever eat a rotten cheese on floor 1, they can be useful for crafting later and don't think you were out of inventory space/hungry that earlier :lol:

Just been wondering, "What's so bad about eating rotten cheese?".

Mecron wrote:also what happened to your medkit? ;)

That was my very first run, so i kinda did not know that medkit reduces disease XD

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Doh! ;)

Chthon

Post by Chthon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 am

Mecron wrote:Fib, note geers should use those 2 medkits ;)

2 Medkits? Clearly you play a different build than the rest of us. Engineers start with 1 Medkit.

Gigins

Post by Gigins » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 pm

It has 5 uses though.

Grunthex

Post by Grunthex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Chthon wrote:2 Medkits? Clearly you play a different build than the rest of us. Engineers start with 1 Medkit.

Clearly a patch note leak! Engineers now start with 2 medkits! :)

awelltrainedferret

Post by awelltrainedferret » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Just recently, I was streaming late at night and slightly drunk I had a marginally successful Scout run going on Normal difficulty. I had nearly infinite food because I had 17 Hero Sotwiches and the improved metabolism augmentation. But things went wrong because I got too cocky. I was tired and decided to skip the last 2 floors and head straight to floor 30. But to make the stream entertaining, I decide to clear out the entire final floor. Big mistake. The Changed Var and first Warbot room did soo much explosive damage that my armor and all weapons except the Adamatium Sword were destroyed. Needless to say, the Harpy Warbot room was too much to handle, because all I could do was sword them with no armor :(

teaguemckinney

Post by teaguemckinney » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Cutt open door, got enough nerve gas to take down shammoo thrown at me, and then lots of radiation to follow.

FrankDobbs

Post by FrankDobbs » Wed May 01, 2013 10:17 am

Made it to floor 23 for the first time. I was loaded on guns and had the brawler. I thought nothing could stop me. ran around a corner and was one shot killed by a von neumann probe. I didn´t know they could do that and was pissed beyond believe. I still don´t know how that can happen. Do they desintegrate you or do you get killed when they desintegrate your armor?

Return to “War Stories”