What was your best (worst?) death in the pit?

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
jrpeart

Re: What was your best (worst?) death in the pit?

Post by jrpeart » Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 pm

FrankDobbs wrote:Made it to floor 23 for the first time. I was loaded on guns and had the brawler. I thought nothing could stop me. ran around a corner and was one shot killed by a von neumann probe. I didn´t know they could do that and was pissed beyond believe. I still don´t know how that can happen. Do they desintegrate you or do you get killed when they desintegrate your armor?

They disintegrate 1 random item from your inventory. You count as one of the possible random items.

So every now and then it'll disintegrate you instead of an item.
Murphy's Laws of Combat
1. Bullets have right of way.
2. If your advance is going well, you're walking into an ambush.

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Slapped to death by a Psirebral playing as a Striker on Quick Normal.

I was down to one charge on my Tarkan Field Surgery, had no Med Drone charges left, was starving, and I desperately needed to get to a Cooker if I was going to stretch my food for a respectable amount of time to come. So no resting for me.

A Psirebral was about the last thing I wanted to see, so first I tried to Fear it. No luck. It didn't TK Fist me right away, so I popped my Field Surgery... Failure at 67% success chance, ow. Now it has Deflect up, so I can't shoot it, but it walks into spear range, so I'm good. Still no TK fist, luckily. But it slaps me to death before I can finish it off. :(

The TK Fist would have at least been a respectable way to die, but this guy was like, "Nope!" *slapslapslap*

I probably should have used an energy cell to recharge my Med Drone a while back, but I was jealously hoarding them for the late game... Like I ever get that far...
Joining Forces: the parody fan comic with pit peril, dysfunctional teamwork, and suggestive situations with aliens!

http://joining-forces.blogspot.com

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue May 06, 2014 8:27 pm

MTaur wrote:Slapped to death by a Psirebral playing as a Striker on Quick Normal.

The TK Fist would have at least been a respectable way to die, but this guy was like, "Nope!" *slapslapslap*

:lol:
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

LuckyLuckLuc

Post by LuckyLuckLuc » Thu May 08, 2014 5:30 pm

I wisely discovered an Adaptoid in a room pretending to be an ammo container.
I smirk as I set up for an easy kill on the adaptoid.

As i get a bit close to it, I step on a mine, activate the adaptoid and the thing angrily one shots me, gg.
Check out my livestream and watch me suffer in the Pit!

http://www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKdwXQK6nQT8piuDY1kZFtw
Completed (no blue room - no Ammo cheat) -
Insane Engineer
Insane Marine
Insane Scout
Insane Psion
Insane Ranger
Insane Striker
Insane Hiver
Insane Shepherd
Insane Mercenary
Insane Medic
All classes hard

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Thu May 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Yep happened to me before, stepped on a mine while I was searching for a Protean but not one but TWO aggro'd up and came for my tits.

was a sad day.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

GooseBruce

Post by GooseBruce » Mon May 26, 2014 4:06 am

So I was on floor 10, and I found myself a 4D printer. Up till this point, everything had been perfect. I hadn't found any new guns, but I did have about 400 pistol rounds, my trusty knife, lots of health kits and oh-so many grenades. My armour was a little low on durability, but I was intending to reprint it.

Oh cruel fates, how you had other ideas.
As soon as I touch the 4d printer, a stream of nanites fly out of it and instantly destroy my knife.

Ok. Ok, thats a bit of a kick to the teeth, but I'm sure I can find another melee weapon. How hard can it be, right?

Apparently, very hard. Four floors later I had found no new weapons, ammo, or repair stations. My armour had long melted away and I was down to using my fists and the grenades I still had. Funnily enough, I had a constant supply of the damn things. I ended up with 6 HE grenades at one point.
But all of the explosives in the world couldn't save me from the crappy disease blob that charged forward and gave me Space Influenza. I fought the beasts and robots off with grenades but the infection kept getting worse and worse.

I could heal myself with psi powers every so often but it was just a matter of time now. I had to find a cure.
I got down to the next floor by just running from the remaining creatures to find a ammo box with about 20 pistol rounds in it. Back in the game.
I ran out into the hallway and found a medbay. It had a couple of swarms in it which went down without a hitch, but the doctor robot ripped my health bar down till it was nearly non existent.
But at least I could repair one of the medical bays and heal myself...

Lolnope. It blew up and killed me.
That was the most disappointing death I have every had in any game ever. I had survived by the skin of my teeth for so long...

Return to “War Stories”