I guess.... I got disintegrated

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Xanthian

I guess.... I got disintegrated

Post by Xanthian » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 am

So I was having a very succesful run with the Marine.
I should say that I was playing on easy and apperantly I got punished for that :)

I started very succesfully with finding an early Lightning Sword. That thing was a beast from lvl 6 till lvl 15.
Later I upgraded it to an adamantium sword wich was even better. The penentration on thing is insane.
A few lvl's later I found the Cheetah armour. Combined with a load of energy drinks you can run about 7 squares and still attack.

I was also lucky with other weapons, finding laser rifles, a mason rifle and tons of rifle ammo. A fully upgraded Assault Rifle really rocks.
Then, at the last level, just before I would finish the game I encounter a VN and get one shotted. I was just 1 minute away from completing game.

Never, ever did I got screwed so hard, so close before the end.'
I don't even want to know how low the chance is that this could happen.

Anyway, I learned my lesson, no more easy for me.

Cpt. Awesome

Re: I guess.... I got disintegrated

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Learn the VN probe audio cues.....and know fear :D

kurlare

Re: I guess.... I got disintegrated

Post by kurlare » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 pm

I ran into 3 or 4 VN's on my victorious run on easy. I got zapped by them probably 3 times total. Thankfully they disintegrated meaningless items in my inventory but I was terrified that my ten hours of moving carefully through the game might end in an instant. Pulse rifle those fools to oblivion as soon as possible!

Return to “War Stories”