My Scout and I

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Helyriel

My Scout and I

Post by Helyriel » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 pm

There might be minor spoilers involved.

So I started off my scout again after trying the Engineer and the Soldier for a while. I now have roughly 40 hours into the game and I'm still very madly in love with it.
The game doesn't always share that affection because what happened to my scout made me die a little inside ^^.
The Run started off very, very well since the Scout, as some of you might not know has the highest foraging skill which helped me quite a bit. I found a lot of Ammo and a very early Mag Pistol as well as Combat Armor. I'm playing on normal and that particular combination of items seems fairly rare. I almost fell off my chair when these great loots got topped off by an equippable AI assistant which made searching for new recipes and prying open armor lockers so much easier.
So I startet off by getting my Scout's Brains to 60 and then putting the rest of my points into might so she wouldn't die to diseases as quickly, luckily I have the Aggressive Antibiotics recipe so that didn't become a problem. I fought my way down to lvl 15 which was a new record for me and since my foraging skill was now at about 60, food and Medical supplys were stocked.
I then ventured further down and thats were the Madness happened.

When I entered a laboratory I suddenly heard mumbling and cackling, as I took another step, a grenade came flying my way and suddenly my character was knocked unconcious. Mind you I had switched out my Combat Armor to Chitin Armor, both had durability enhancements and were at about 120 dura. As my character layed uncouncious I heard the noise of a huge protean and I started smashing buttons just to get back on my feet. When my character woke up, the huge protean grabbed me and started eating my Inventory I now also had a Mag Rifle, my trusty Auto Pistol, a Shotgun and the two aformentioned armors and Mag Pistol.
So the Protean was enjoying his lunch, the Scientist guy, who threw the grenade kept laughing and throwing more of his grenades so I had to take him out first. That guy ate 6 shots from the Mag Pistol that means 3 Rounds where the Huge Protean could just keep munching. As if that wasnt enough though the game suddenly had an insane case of not beeing a bro and a diamond shaped drone came flying my way and started desintigrating my gear.
My character died horribly when a Toxic Protean decided he wanted in on the fun and I could do nothing about it since the Acid Protean melted pretty much every gun and every piece of armor in my inventory and the Von Neumann Probe melted every other useful thing that was left.

I will admit this had me frustrated for a couple of minutes but I still love this game and it will be oh so sweet when I finally beat it :>

Edit: typos
Last edited by Helyriel on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: My Scout and I

Post by Mecron » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 pm

We are glad your love survives acid and disintigration...but best to always remember that ones relationship with The Pit is a dysfunctional one :P Great post!

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Sounds like fun! Those mad doctors are really dangerous with their grenades though, same could be said about berserk illness though!

P.S. I know you are in love and everything but I heard that the owner of The Pit is a bit too egoistic (I am looking at you Bloodweaver! :lol: )
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:16 am

Aww but he's in love too!

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 am

Yeah, reading those messages has made the Suul'ka seem pretty petty. And made me laugh. Well done, Erinys!
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Helyriel

Post by Helyriel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:48 am

Yeah berserking can be a total pain when you're on low health, luckily I didnt get bit too much by scumbag blue worms ;)

Edit: I might actually try and stream a bit of me playing The Pit today might be fun to try this out. www.twitch.tv/helyriel if anyone is interested :>

Return to “War Stories”