Think I finally cracked the Sadorandomizer...

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Captain Colon

Think I finally cracked the Sadorandomizer...

Post by Captain Colon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 am

I'm positive I clicked normal and not easy...but just look at all these goodies! :love: Almost everything I found on levels 4 and 5.

Captain Colon

Re: Think I finally cracked the Sadorandomizer...

Post by Captain Colon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 am

Just cleared an armory and found a Vibrosword, Durablade, Auto-Shotgun, Rifle, tons of ammo...I think I have nearly every non-energy weapon that isn't craftable :shock:

GildedBear

Post by GildedBear » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:29 am

The sadorandomizer giveth.

mouton

Post by mouton » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Usually after this point a lootable that should have never been an Adaptoid wakes up and eats my face.

Captain Colon

Post by Captain Colon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:09 am

mouton wrote:Usually after this point a lootable that should have never been an Adaptoid wakes up and eats my face.

I've actually run into quite a few of them, but I'm just so pimped out that I don't even care :twisted: Down to level 12 or 13 now (can't remember exactly), found some more goodies like a Rad Blaster and Laser Pistol, extra Mag Pistol...repair and recharge stations have been plentiful so everything's in good shape and I can sustain myself pretty much entirely using my Morrigi Healing Drone. All I could really ask for at this point is a Coding Avatar so to free up that extra skill point for other stuff, some nicer armor (Reflective Armor RULES but I only use it when I run into stuff that uses lasers and wear my Flak Jacket otherwise...would be nice to free up that space with just a single jacket with better all-around stats) and maybe an Auto Pistol to replace the revolver I'm still using (this is the first game that I've kept it so long...got lucky with a damage boost biomod so it's stayed fairly useful so far).

My current prediction for the outcome of this run is a surprise visit from a Von Neumann Probe :awesome:

Captain Colon

Post by Captain Colon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 am

Oh man, this Engineer is unstoppable...just made some Adamantium Claws (I lol'd hard at the "bub" reference in the description, well-played guys :lol: ), Sniper Rifle, other assorted crap. I'm SURE I clicked normal difficulty but I've never had a run go this well before.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 am

Looks like you are well on your way, then. You can verify the difficulty level at any time by checking your character sheet- It will say "Engineer- "Easy/Hard/Insane"" if its not set to normal.

You know, in your moments of doubt. ;)
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Captain Colon

Post by Captain Colon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 am

Floor 14, now things are starting to get a little hairy...two diseased bears and a stone mole right on top of me as soon as I enter the floor. No trouble taking them all out really but my reflective armor took a serious beating and I've got no way to fix it at the moment :(

*EDIT* Thanks for the info...I could've sworn it told me the difficulty somewhere but I could never find it which I now know is because on Normal it just doesn't say anything. I feel better now :lol:

Captain Colon

Post by Captain Colon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:15 am

Awwww yeah Ceramic Plate Armor...time to crank up the Lazerhawk and make a break for level 30 8) Halfway there!

Captain Colon

Post by Captain Colon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 am

Ran into my first Heavy Bot and became a victim of my own hubris :( There was no good reason for me to have died...I was just close to leveling, it was almost dead and I thought I could take the hits for one more round.

Pit: 254937584729384
Me: 0

Sure was fun while it lasted though! Found a lot of new things I'd never seen before and learned tons of recipes.

Elhazzared

Post by Elhazzared » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 pm

First lesson I have learned about this game. Never be bellow 75% health after level 7. You can make an exception if you are close to leveling, but in any case never bellow 50% even if close to leveling. You never know when you're gonna take that one or two shots. Worse, just think that around the corner lurks that guy with a grenade or the next locker is an adaptoid. They don't pose much of a threat further down, until you're pretty damn low on life and feeling cocky about yourself and your gear. On the round I won with the engineer I was almost killed by one past floor 20, if I recall correctly my life was pretty low and it went bellow 5 points... Obviously I had nothing to heal myself at the time and was feeling pretty damn sure I'd level up before needing medical supplies anyway... Luckly that fight was enough to level up.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

For my Youtube channel with let's plays of the pit please follow the Link

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:01 pm

That's the spirit! Progress is progress, after all.

@EL: There is no reason to stress about 75% health in my experience. As long as you watch your corners, listen for sound cues (VN's, Heavy Bots, Morrigi things in particular) health above 300 is sufficient for a single turn disaster on the lower levels. And 300+ health could mean you are spending health resources too early.

Anyway, as you hit the higher character levels, that level of health will happen. Even when playing hard, I just tried to keep my health over 200. Worked out okay. ;)
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Elhazzared

Post by Elhazzared » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Well yeah, I have over 600 health by the time I finished on my engineer but overall I'm very careful with it. On that run I can't say I had any kind of problems at all. Sometimes one or another type of ammo was scarce but I've never been without. Health poured from the sky litereally, Lots of medkits, surgeon pack, nanomeds, healing bays usually between 3 and 5 per level after a certain point and 3 trap door colours were healling as well. I've had food to get to the end and come back up (taking 2 people into account eating on the way up). Pretty decent gear though only because I actually built a chitin armor or armor would have been my downfall. Sadly enough I didn't had an helmet drop nor boots (I knowyou can craft some but I don't have the recipe). Still sometimes I'd walk into a room and from 75% to 10% in one round just because there was a lot of bots inside and 2 of them being cyberjaggers... Of course the cyber scrambler usually did the trick but still, yeah I didn't really risked at that point, there was really no reason to risk being on low health.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

For my Youtube channel with let's plays of the pit please follow the Link

Captain Colon

Post by Captain Colon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Heh, I went in there with full health (somewhere around 350-375 I think) too. Just a matter of me getting overly cocky and shortsighted with how well everything was going. Oh well, live and learn!

Or I guess die and learn would be more appropriate ;)

jakkdl

Post by jakkdl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 am

Elhazzared wrote:Well yeah, I have over 600 health by the time I finished on my engineer but overall I'm very careful with it. On that run I can't say I had any kind of problems at all. Sometimes one or another type of ammo was scarce but I've never been without. Health poured from the sky litereally, Lots of medkits, surgeon pack, nanomeds, healing bays usually between 3 and 5 per level after a certain point and 3 trap door colours were healling as well. I've had food to get to the end and come back up (taking 2 people into account eating on the way up). Pretty decent gear though only because I actually built a chitin armor or armor would have been my downfall. Sadly enough I didn't had an helmet drop nor boots (I knowyou can craft some but I don't have the recipe). Still sometimes I'd walk into a room and from 75% to 10% in one round just because there was a lot of bots inside and 2 of them being cyberjaggers... Of course the cyber scrambler usually did the trick but still, yeah I didn't really risked at that point, there was really no reason to risk being on low health.

Wait, why walk into a room at all? Kite and poke! (Unless you're low on ammy and got a good blade).

And I've found that adaptoids ain't much of a problem, they only activate if you end your turn next to them, so before every object that's the least bit suspect I skip turn one step away from it, walk towards it and activate it. If the object cannot be activated it's an adaptoid and you can go to the corner of the room and shoot it down from afar.
http://sword-of-the-stars-the-pit.wikia.com
Lists of recipes, armors, weapons, messages, equipment and everything else you might need.

Return to “War Stories”