Think I finally cracked the Sadorandomizer...

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Think I finally cracked the Sadorandomizer...

Post by Mecron » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:17 am

Ummm you may want to be more careful than that after this last update :twisted:

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:20 am

jakkdl wrote:And I've found that adaptoids ain't much of a problem, they only activate if you end your turn next to them, so before every object that's the least bit suspect I skip turn one step away from it, walk towards it and activate it. If the object cannot be activated it's an adaptoid and you can go to the corner of the room and shoot it down from afar.

I didn't know that. I did notice they rarely didn't pop when I was adjacent, but only rarely. I'll try the stutter step thing and see if that holds true for me in 1.0.3.0.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

jakkdl

Post by jakkdl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 am

Mecron wrote:Ummm you may want to be more careful than that after this last update :twisted:

I suppose you mean them being beds (as was said in another thread), but I've yet to be catched by an adaptoid when not being overconfident and forgetting to do it (or forced to go there by another enemy). Only time will tell!
http://sword-of-the-stars-the-pit.wikia.com
Lists of recipes, armors, weapons, messages, equipment and everything else you might need.

mouton

Post by mouton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 am

Mecron wrote:Ummm you may want to be more careful than that after this last update :twisted:

I vote for them also being healing bays, recharge stations, repair stations etc.

Ideally, it would be awesome if they could be items bigger than one square, but I suppose it would be too much coding. ALTERNATIVELY, since proteans, as a species, tend to merge with each other, two adaptoids might make one 2-square item, like a freezer :D fun fun fuuuun

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 am

I've always thought it was only a matter of time before "Huge Adaptoids" were in the game. Figured they wouldn't split though- they'd be more akin to Toxicoids or Enlarged Viruses than un-altered Proteans, after all.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Elhazzared

Post by Elhazzared » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:21 am

jakkdl wrote:Wait, why walk into a room at all? Kite and poke! (Unless you're low on ammy and got a good blade).

And I've found that adaptoids ain't much of a problem, they only activate if you end your turn next to them, so before every object that's the least bit suspect I skip turn one step away from it, walk towards it and activate it. If the object cannot be activated it's an adaptoid and you can go to the corner of the room and shoot it down from afar.

Big room, enemies were all in the lower portion of it, only after I made it one thrid into the room I saw the first and so I shot. it's friends said hi right about that turn and since vertical draw distance is somewhat smaller, it didn't helped.

As for the adaptoids... Well I can't say for sure but I think that if I get next to an adaptoid disguised and see that it is indeed an adaptoid and not what it was supposed to be, even if I walk back it will immediatly become an adaptoid, I have the sensation it happened many times to me before though I may be wrong, i might just have moved into it and then one step aside making corner contact still. I don't really give myself to a huge trouble of finding out whether things are adaptoids or not, it is obviously sub-optimal but I'm a lazy bastard. :P
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

For my Youtube channel with let's plays of the pit please follow the Link

Return to “War Stories”