First victory! (normal scout)

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Silveralen

First victory! (normal scout)

Post by Silveralen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 am

Just beat the game for the first time and I gotta say, I can't even imagine what insane must be like. The only reason I manged to conserve enough ammo to make it was my Adamantium Sword, and I ended up running without armor from lvl 30-40. The fact I had 4 xp health mutagens did make it a bit easier though.

Still, if the RNG hadn't been so good to me at lvl 40 I might've been dead. I picked up enough chitin to make some chitin plate before the final battle, and crafted/found 3 spare energy backpacks to use with my meson rifle. I still ended up beating the big bad down with my blade, though the meson at least weakened him a bit. God, that sword was amazing. The fact I probably won't be able to make another in my next run makes me so very sad. According to the final stats, I got more kills and damage with it than every other weapon in my arsenal combined.

Anyways, love the game and can't wait to give it another shot, though I think I'll stick to normal for now ;)

The Apprentice

Re: First victory! (normal scout)

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 am

Congrats!
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Nice work, Sil!

Nagumotheblue

Post by Nagumotheblue » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Welcome to the ground of the Pit :D

Khrowe

Post by Khrowe » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 pm

The adamantium sword facilitated my notmal ranger win. What a beastly weapon. Congrats

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:56 am

Khrowe wrote:The adamantium sword facilitated my notmal ranger win. What a beastly weapon. Congrats

Seconded. In vanilla, I was able to win on normal with Addy Claws. Not so in MG. Addy Sword is a monster.

powercow

Post by powercow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I also just beat it for the first time yesterday, as a scout. Claws (that ended up at 20ish max durability from many repairs) and discovering the aykay recipe so I could use my 1400 rifle ammo really helped.

Return to “War Stories”