And.... Dead. (PS: Liir are squishy.)

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
The Apprentice

And.... Dead. (PS: Liir are squishy.)

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:49 pm

First "start room enhanced" death for me. My Liir was zooming about, feeling rather confident (Nuturing Embrace, Psionic Focus, adequate food, laser pistol, auto-shotty), full health. As he goes down the hallway, the sound of a Morrigi Heavy Drone penetrates the Pit.

Looking at my full health bar, I think no problem! 200ish health should be fine, just fine. (Note to posterity: 200 health is NOT fine.)

Pop psionic armor, and head towards a previously-cleared corner for partial cover. I wasn't even particularly concerned about the heavy drone.

A mk III light bot zooms around the corner (where did he come from, Mechasense fail) and hits all three times. Then the Morrigi H. Drone finishes the job from the edge of the screen. Tuna time.

Stats? Hard difficulty. My character was level 20, floor was 14. Liir are squishy.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Ciurrioc

Re: And.... Dead. (PS: Liir are squishy.)

Post by Ciurrioc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:56 pm

So you got blindsided and had no chance to attack? was going to say TK punch allday
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:00 pm

well, it was a 1 turn death: Full health to zero with no option to intervene.

Moving down hallway (should have been stutter-stepping with mechasense), turn ends for me. Both Mk 3 and Morrigi Heavy Bot appear and shoot before I get to go again. Lots of numbers, I die.

I had both Shrap Storm and a Tarkan Field Surgery available. :headbang: Death- at least that turn- was preventable.

The Apprentice

Update! (PS: Liir are still squishy)

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 pm

With the successful completion of blue-room Psion and Shepard runs, I figured it was time to give the Liir another go on Seriously.

Noting the scorn with which some greeted blue-room runs, this one is vanilla. No blue room boosting. (I'm scared. Someone hold me.)

This is also after the psi-armageddon tuning patch, so the costs for everything are higher and psi in general became more difficult to use. As of this writing, there have been two big "OMGWTF I almost died" moments after the initial 10 floors, both due to rockets from Changed Male types. The first one was off screen through an open door, and took me to 1.9 HP. The second was in a ladder room. where a Changed Male saw through my invisibility and shot a rocket anyway. 10HP that time.

All that said- floor 26! Finesse at 100 because of neurotransmitter duplication! An adjudicator, meson rifle, and Cleaver Mag rifle! 2 Vorpal blades!

I'm still rather squishy, as I didn't find any XP health serums. Level 24.

brujo

Post by brujo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:32 pm

I wish you were streaming that.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Alas, my internet connection couldn't sustain streaming. Sometimes it cannot even WATCH streams. Sad, I know. The USA's internet infrastructure is an embarrassing mess compared to other nations.

And I can't imagine watching me rest/dupe neurotransmitters would have made for riveting viewing. :P

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:10 am

Floor 27 is cleared. Still level 24.

An armor locker and a weapons locker both gave me nothing. No other items of note dropped, except for a package of 3 vitamins from a med locker.

This means, of course, that barring a huge string of bad luck*, Ayb will be going to floor 28 with 100 might. So, all in all, a pretty fantastic floor. :insane:

*= There are two tessaract wells within the 3 floor limit. The T well contains about 12 scent glands, 10 Exotic Proteins, and 5 Mutagens beakers.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Good wishes to your stride, the scent of BS looms on the horizon though. something immaculately stupid will sour this, tis the way of the Pit.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:57 am

Up to floor 30, level 26.

I didn't make it to 100 might via vitamin duping as I got impatient. Two explosions in a row. Bad Ayb! Anyway, 98 might now. No new gear of note.

Psi skills have all hit 100 except warmind, which is in the 80's.

Edit: Floor 31 with a tiny ladder room. The game was kind.

Floor 30 had a surprise hardening biomod in a storage egg, and a tunnel vision in the first aug bay of the run. Left floor 30 at about 90% of the way to level 27.

Edit the Second: Floor 33. Hit 100 in all stats on Floor 32, and promptly found 3 neuroboosters in as many lockers. Level 27.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 am

Reached floor 36, which had a surprisingly easy ladder room (two crazed med bots and the dark suited Mad Scientist guy). Maybe a quarter of the way to level 31. +1 Speed from an Aug Bay.

I think the run could have ended on floor 35, when I was TK fisted into a prop. The prop turned out to be an Ultra Amazoid. The UA ignored my shrap storm and proceeded to 'zerk me. I feel I got lucky in that the UA did not use the meson rifle against me, but instead used a "large bite" attack. Was down to about half health when it died.

Would have been GG for sure if there had been other dangerous enemies in the area. Ayb has a comparatively small 380ish health max.

Edit: Floor 38. Only item of note on floors 36/37 was an impactor biomod. Floor 38's ladder room is very dangerous, as it is surrounded on three sides by large rooms full of enemies. So many Cyberbears. So many.

Edit: Victory! Didn't see any new mobs on floor 40 (finished up the day Necromancer dropped). Invis, puppet, subvert, and sabo is really powerful when mobs don't really leave their rooms. Most dangerous thing for a fully empowered Liir reamins the KO nades- not sure if there is any equipment the prevents the gas from working on a Liir.

Return to “War Stories”