Death of Liir

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Khrowe

Death of Liir

Post by Khrowe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:09 am

So on my most successful run with my Seeker, I manage to run clear a level with the exception of a couple rooms. Moments before the video starts I successfully crafted a Adamantium Sword :awesome: , and was very excited to continue on.

I like to clear the levels finding every possible prop to open, so I can't very well leave this slave pen full of diabolical creatures and mechanisms, so with my shiny new sword in hand I approach recklessly. Smashing through some Zuul and Jaegers, knowing fully by sound that a heavy bot guarded the room as well. After containing the heavy bot with Shutdown, I failed to pick up that a second warbot was backing him up. Watching the video now, I cannot believe I missed it; I literally was next to the thing.

I made a few bad decisions which lead to my death including not healing enough considering the encounter, failed to recognize the signature heavy bot sound, and did not recognize when my crowd control wore off. Time to start again!

Boring until 1:00 min in, Slave Pen is at about 3:20.

Enjoy the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX7XbwCVbbk

Karu

Re: Death of Liir

Post by Karu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:05 am

You could have used lifesense to see were the Jaeger was. This allways shows "cloaked" enemys - including "furniture cloak".
And Mecha sense to get a preview of the room.

I would recommend using them with the Liir because of his big blindspot.

Sincerly

Khrowe

Post by Khrowe » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:42 am

I appreciate the advice. I was just a little over confident after making the sword.

I am currently on floor 32 with my engineer after doing an advance start on level 5. This is the secod time in a row that i have had a great run doin this.

WiZz

Post by WiZz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Going in melee with liir is a really bad idea.

Khrowe

Post by Khrowe » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 pm

yup, but I live for danger. :twisted:

I felt I had control in the situation.

Return to “War Stories”