Sometimes, it's all about the acid!

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
silent93

Sometimes, it's all about the acid!

Post by silent93 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:20 am

I'm not so great at the game, I admit. One part terrible luck, one part regularly getting cocky. But last night, I was having a rather successful run as the Marine. Made it to floor 25, had miraculously stumbled upon a Brawl Suit, and had several excellent guns, and a Tarka Lightning Spear.

So, the first step I take out of the entry room on the floor sets off an acid trap. Annoying. Then, several steps later, another acid trap. Then another. By this point, I'm in awe of the Sadorandomizer's capacity for cruelty, as many of my weapons are now flashing, and I discover that my inventory is devoid of any and all repair items. Not even Duct Tape. I then shrug, since the last repair station I had seen was on floor 20, and continue on, hoping for a station, or some nanoreconstructors, or something.

I find a maintenance room after a bit. Elation fills me! There's a good chance of finding one in there! So I pop the door. Immediately, /5/ of those acid spewing burrowers open up on me. Half my weapons, including that lovely lightning spear, go poof. Fortunately, I have an HE grenade that does a marvelous job of clearing them, and thereby protecting what weapons I have left. So, into the room I go, looking for that hoped-for repair bay to save whatever of my gear I can. I find one! 73% chance of repairing it. It explodes instead, destroying another two of my weapons, leaving me with a Liir Harpoon rifle that I only have 7 rounds for.

Off I go, this time not only wanting a repair bay, but wanting new weapons on top of it. I find one relatively quickly, and open the door. Immediately, I'm hit with a fear effect, and I run straight through a trapped door. A trapped door that destroys my brawl suit. Inside that room? 3 Large proteans, who swiftly finish off my harpoon gun.

I died, naked, alone, and terrified beyond the capacity for reason, with everything I loved, including myself, dissolved in acid. :)

ScoSteSal118

Re: Sometimes, it's all about the acid!

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:46 pm

:o That...was spectacular :awesome:

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:11 am

***** this game, seriously lmao :awesome: its so mean.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:18 am

thank you :twisted:

Zoreiss

Post by Zoreiss » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:39 pm

That's why you always make certain to apply base paste on you 8)

Rioji

Post by Rioji » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:18 am

I think this might be my favorite anecdote for the Pit. :)

It's a perfect example of why I love this game. And hate it.

Return to “War Stories”