A Serious Tale of a Blue Psion [Complete!]

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
The Apprentice

Re: A Serious Tale of a Blue Psion [Complete!]

Post by The Apprentice » Sat May 31, 2014 4:57 am

Rioji wrote:Oh wow, that score. That level. Disappointed that your Adamantium Sword just barely edged out my TK Fist in damage inflicted, haha. Also found it funny that I had 1k more HP than you, even though you finished 12 levels above me. But I need that extra HP with my stupid Flak Jacket...

Mostly agree with your takeaways. I remember when the final floor was the calm after the storm. Now it's probably the most dangerous floor by far. I suppose the next hurdle will be Seriously with a non-psi character. Pretty sure it won't be me that does it, though, unless I get bored with Insane :roll:

Well, you could do Seriously with a Shep ;) I think my style of psi ambush play would work with the Shep if the psi point gain per level/regen rate is comparable. Haven't booted up a Shep run since the patch tweaks, so I don't know for sure. Also KP has indicated they plan at least one more patch/update (WHO KNOWS WHICH IT WILL BE?), so I probably will wait until it drops to give the game another run.

And regarding you HP- you had more than 1k MORE? So 1.9k HP- that seems crazy. How many HP+ serums did you find and when? Or does the Liir just have that much of an advantage in HP gain over the Psion now?

When I last played the Liir they were squishier than the Psion, not the other way around. Like 98% sure. I didn't find many beneficial serums/armor mods/biomods this run, compared to the screenies other people are posting. My first impactor was floor 39. My second was 39. There were no more.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat May 31, 2014 5:04 am

Svankensen wrote:Ah, those lovely KO grenades. I lost my first psion to that room (and an evil WH trap on floor 36 plus another in 38), and now i always use a sealed armor for it, if i have it. Didnt know the north entrance had any benefits, i really dont understand how that would go. Anyway, congratulations!

Also, i dont know half the equipment on your screenshot. I suspect part of it is because i play gold, but im pretty sure the other part is because i havent played enough.

Worthy of note is the silly ammount of weapon biomods. Does Seriously spawn more weapon lockers or just got lucky?

If you play gold, you should have access to all the weapons and items I had, sans the pink gun. Really, just buy Pilgrim, you lazy sod you! It adds some nice items (Adjudicator, Coercer's Helm) and monsters, though the Armor is exclusively Zuulian in nature.

Re Biomods... um.... I actually think I didn't find that many. I had neg ones than positive, and my favorite- the impactor- only dropped twice the whole run. On floor 39. I also think I only had one hardening agents drop, which is why my armor just had the single mod. Serums were low, but in part that was because many were not useful due to already having 100 in stats. Only myself to blame for that one!

I believe difficulty affects prop drops, so it could be that my drops were reduced from items to biomods on several occasions. Also I've found weapon biomods in lockers and recycling pits- not just weapon lockers.

Re the approach from the North- from the north, your can see the Stim Tower/Mastermind prop in the room, and also can see the xombie researchers easier. By approaching from the East, you increase the chance the Xombie Researchers are off screen, and thus have more options to lob KO containers at you.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Rioji

Post by Rioji » Sat May 31, 2014 7:10 am

HAHA, oops. I meant one hundred, not 1k... and I even reread my post, too. Oh well :oops:

Return to “War Stories”