A Serious Tale of a Blue Psion [Complete!]

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
The Apprentice

Re: A Serious Tale of a Blue Psion

Post by The Apprentice » Fri May 23, 2014 5:41 am

Floor 28-Now this is more like it Time- 45562

Liu's Log: Floor 27. I encountered an aggressive Liirian presence- a different persona from the Swimmers I'd been forced to duel before. In the previous Liir, one could sense that they knew something terrible had happened to them. A corner of the mind reacting in horror at the things they were doing, longing for escape.

This Liir was different. This Liir had nothing of mercy or empathy left within. If I had not seen the body inhabited by this mind I would never have thought it a Liir at all. Icy. Something had transformed that swimmer beyond recognition.

And now I have a new fear to contend with... If I remain here long enough, will the same thing happen to me?

Equipment Addendum: Two new weapon systems. A rocket launcher that fires projectiles akin to what the Tarkan Males have been using, and an unwieldy Morrigi laser rifle. Surprisingly, the Morrigi weapon has poorer armor penetration than my Sol Force pistol! Perhaps its time in storage damaged it beyond my ability to understand. However, if possible, I will take it back for SolForce R & D- its energy efficiency mechanisms remain remarkable.

A respectable ladder room.jpg

A new weapon.jpg
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun May 25, 2014 12:52 am

Floor 30- Never been this deep on Seriously before! Time- 49801

Liu's Log: Floor 28 and 29. From one Liirian extreme to another. I found a Liir inside of a stasis chamber who was still sane. The technology is very effective, as I sensed nothing of the Liir's presence until the stasis field fully deactivated. I was actually expecting some cuts of meat. He agreed to join me.

Sadly, he proved unable to use his psionics after awakening, and proved overconfident with his-oddly human in origin- laser pistol. He didn't make it out of the room I found him in.

I also had my closest brush with death to date. Again, a Liir was involved. I coopted a Cyberbear, and unwisely triggered its fusion armaments in the ladder room. While somewhat effective in clearing out my opponents, it was NOISY. I was unable to efficiently deal with the ensuing onslaught of creatures, and began taking hits. Many hits.

When the Corrupted Liir entered the fray I was already streaming blood and mentally drained. I tried to reach into its mind and lock down its nervous system, but was too weak. In the end, some 14 doses of Nanomeds were needed to keep me alive, along with- appropriately Liirian- mental restoratives. I don't know how many more floors lay between me and my goal, but I used roughly 20% of my accumulated medical reserves. I must do better, or perish.

[Ed Note: Yeah, I won't be using puppet in the ladder room on a Cyberbear again.]

Equipment Addendum: Explosions from 'nades and rockets inflicted critical damage to my adamantium blade and laser pistol. Both had to be resotred with Nano-reconstructors, though the pistol cannot sustain many more such repairs. An armor mod was located, but analysis revealed it would damage the integrity of my armor. It was destroyed, lest someone else follow in my footsteps.

Ladder Room Floor 40.jpg

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon May 26, 2014 2:50 am

go lil liir go!

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Mon May 26, 2014 4:04 am

[ Ed- The goodwill, I can just feel it flowing from you! I mean, is he talking about the "lil Liir" who died in the same room he was freed from? Or the "lil Corrupted Liir" who was integral in my brush with death? Questions, questions... ]

..... FRAGMENTARY RECORD.... INCOMPLETE TRANSMISSION.... DATA RECONSTRUCTION FAILED... SINGLE IMAGE ONLY...

Recompiled Image.jpg

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Floor 35- An Unknown Agent and some Pack Leaders walk into a bar... Time- 60162

Liu's Log: Floor 30ish. My recollections are... hazy. My body is still adjusting to the two Aug Bay procedures I've underwent. After having seen the marvels of this place, I was compelled to tinker. Why not tinker? Are we not masters of the stuff of life if we assume the mantle?

I hunger for mundane sustenance less, and am more resistant to the attacks of the inhabitants. Or the failed experiments, as I have come to regard them.

Equipment Addendum: I discarded my EZ Cooker. I hunger less anyway, and can use my mind to tap energy from elsewhere if I choose. I met an unknown agent, who proved to be but a shell for some... other entity. While I welcomed the pistol the shell left behing, my encounter with the possessing force sapped my mental reserves. I think I was able to force it to retreat. Perhaps it simply became bored.

There is still an echo of its presence in the back of my mind, speaking in a language I cannot understand. I shall not meditate on the encounter.

Unknown Agent Aftermath.jpg

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue May 27, 2014 12:06 am

-<< Editorial Intermission >>-

[Thanks game. Way to taunt me with potential goodies.]

ThePit-20140526-160156-037.jpg

[Yep. Couldn't resist, and took 1 quoit shot that permanently melted some of my armor value. And for what? Well.... The Blood of the Eldest remains unfound!]

ThePit-20140526-162054-459.jpg

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Tue May 27, 2014 12:26 am

A robot Michael Jackson and the cast of Thriller... Tough room.
Joining Forces: the parody fan comic with pit peril, dysfunctional teamwork, and suggestive situations with aliens!

http://joining-forces.blogspot.com

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue May 27, 2014 12:26 am

lol and I meant go lil psion go! :oops:

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue May 27, 2014 9:33 am

[Floor 39. So close.]

ThePit-20140527-012747-048.jpg

Khrowe

Post by Khrowe » Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am

Nice pull from that room: A vorpal sword, a force field belt, nanomeds, a master kit and AM Cells.

The pit teases me, and then apologizes...

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 pm

GOGOGO!

I just won my first psion on normal, i bet you can manage this!

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Wed May 28, 2014 6:38 am

[Floor 40. The beginning of the end.]

ThePit-20140527-223336-727.jpg

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 am

An equipment Snapshot and a Video!!

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Wed May 28, 2014 9:39 am

[It is done. I'll come back and add some screenshots later. But, whew.]

ThePit-20140528-012846-827.jpg

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Wed May 28, 2014 9:48 am

It can be done!
Joining Forces: the parody fan comic with pit peril, dysfunctional teamwork, and suggestive situations with aliens!

http://joining-forces.blogspot.com

Return to “War Stories”