Screw'd this up.... 2 times!

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Winterdawn

Screw'd this up.... 2 times!

Post by Winterdawn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 pm

So, playing with my Scout, all time Fav, cause Jack of all trades .

With Juggernaut the start get's better, so i made my way down quite easy.
First run with the same end was with like, 600 Ammo for the pistol, auto-pistol rocks!300 Rifle but no matching weapon for now... no prob. melee weapon almost gone, stupid knife and a few pistols, snub and heavy, don't really like both tho. somewhere on 7, kheraizen, omg, almost threw it away because you wont hit shit as a human, but i tried it anyway.
Melee-range and whoops, double melee attack with it, sh*t, that thing rocks! so i made my way down to ten... finaly armory should be near! Oh and there is the kitchen, let's check it out. Almost there, but what is that... And then came it, my nemesis, my end... and the agony....

An entropic worm rushed out... i know them, i know them all to well... tried to retreat but there was no escape... it was an epic battle... with a lot of pistol shots and melee attacks... but finaly i won... satisfying... but... poison level 9... as expected.... and here the agony starts... I had a freakin' anti poising thing, the one that kills even level 9 in an instant... but nothing, nothing happened... i knew it was other... made my way up to sublevel 9, threw all my statpoints in might, just to keep up... and there was a sick bay, even a med bay... but broken... and so my scout broke down... dying from poison... in an run that could lead all the way down, but luck wasn't on my side.

I'll keep the second one short and without drama this time...

so before i registered here, my run was all the way down to sublevel 9... had my starting stuff, psy blade.... not good but fits quite in, always give blade a few points for cases like this. Had a shadow step... really like them, even if it seems a bit more promising than it acutally is and then i had a freaking pair of phase gloves... like the third pair in all my over 300 hours in this game, with more than 100 runs... but.. entropic worm again, this time it was short, since i wasn't lucky with weapons, died in another sick bay....

Why would the devs be so cruel to put these devils in 9/10/11.... almost impossible to survice?

I'm dying inside, just a little bit... but it hurts... back into the pit now... trying to get my hands on epic stuff again.

sorry for the short post... just made an account for crying with brovers of the pit, but now i can report if i get awesome undiscovered stuff!

The Apprentice

Re: Screw'd this up.... 2 times!

Post by The Apprentice » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 pm

(Welcome to the boards! The Pit always welcomes fresh victims ;))

Those wurms! *shakes fist*

It's been a looong time since I've played the scout- how did her start get better, if you don't mind?
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Winterdawn

Post by Winterdawn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 pm

She really suits my playstyle, get's all the stuff from crates, feels great, a bit weak in melee and fragile, playing with care, and a lot of skillpoints, i just love her.

But back to your question

her start isn't really a lot better, nothing changed on equip or stats and so. But with the new update i feel like there is a much better chance to actually get weapon/ammo crates, high security and normal ones. I get my hand on a blade weapon around sublevel 7, if im lucky. And a lot of ammo and maybe even ducttape and another armor!

Feels a lot smoother now. Kinda know that i get at least to Sublevel 10 from there on it is difficult again, armory on the actual level? Yes! Let's have a look! Oh, so many robots... and not a single crate... depressing stuff!

But it keeps the fun up.

And later on, the downpart of it, or her...

When i get down to 27 it get's hell, design makes me feel depressed, so much red... don't get me wrong, i like red, but that is over the top in my opinion. Up to the shrinking amount of Ammo, your weak melee weapon that is almost broken, if you have one... there is the feeling that pulls you down as player, that comes from the atmosphere, i dont even mind the ammo anymore.... i just loose all the fun.

I guess the ranger would fit into my style to, i know the advantages, 3 moves, the tail... but no human... I cant get warm with the engineer and i don't really like playing a almost dumb marine... never really tried the psi tho...

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Psion is my fav class- human (so the largest possible gear pool), has lockdown abilities, and starts with a decent pen weapon (the laser). Thanks for the info about the start.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Winterdawn

Post by Winterdawn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:17 pm

no problem!

should give the psion a shot soon... 150 games in total 2 of them are not scout (short seeker and pilgrim attempt)... so 148 runs with her, 50-75 where at least down to 10...

Return to “War Stories”