Enoch Returns- SPOILERS! (Seriously BR 15)

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
The Apprentice

Enoch Returns- SPOILERS! (Seriously BR 15)

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 am

(Seriously? Difficulty, Blue Room, Floor 15 Start)

I took another focused stab at this. Previously, this (viewtopic.php?f=67&t=53442) happened.

I made many, many, many feeder runs. The point of the runs wasn't so much to stock the blue room on floor 15 with gear, so much as to try and find the Coercer's Diadem. The C.D. is one of the only two pieces of equipment I know of that can boost psi regen for the zuul. On Seriously, the Zuul needs all the help he can get- a rest cycle with a Liirian Psionic Focus only yields 80 psi points. And since a rest cycle costs 100 food with the Zuul, the basic rest-regen playstyle is doomed.

I never found a C.D.

However, I did find the Belt of Aias on a feeder run, which made me stop caring about the C.D. The BoA, as I understand it, reduces ALL incoming damage by about 50%. For the squishy zuul, that is huge. It means that after the XP infusion from the Blue Room, the Zuul should have enough HP to ride out the burst damage a tough ladder room can throw at you, or a Morrigi Warbot's attack from beyond visible range.

I left the Blue Room with Adamantium Claws, a Pulse Rifle, and a Cleaver Mag-Rifle. Between those weapons and the BoA, I was able to kill enough mobs to hit about level 8 or 9 before I had to tap the XP Bank. I was also, thanks to the wonders of the Blue Room, able to acquire enough gear and food to fully train almost every non-psi skill to 45, aside from lockpick. (I also discovered that the Assault Rifle is not worth the inventory space on Seriously. Full bursts merely tickled enlarged viruses and small proteans.)

Anyway, I eventually left floor 15 at level 25, fortified with a few steroidal enhances and about 12 batches of pit stew. My available equipment was essentially listed here (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=53540&p=538525#p538521). I also indulged in a minor episode of edu-pet addiction. The roughly 20 that were consumed put psi-drain in reach and cost me about 7 power points.

How did it all turn out? Well, as I write this, I'm resting on this floor, regen-ing some psi points.

Floor 40 Enoch.jpg
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

The Apprentice

Re: Enoch Returns- SPOILERS! (Seriously BR 15)

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:32 am

And.... done!

Enoch Victorious.jpg

End Game Gear.jpg

Enoch Victorious.jpg

Khrowe

Post by Khrowe » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:07 am

congrats

brujo

Post by brujo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Good job, App!
With extensive use of the blue room though... but still a great achievement! Congrats!

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:36 pm

brujo wrote:With extensive use of the blue room though...

Pretty much! Anyone who does this without the blue room will have faced a much more challenging path. This run the main enemy was food as opposed to mobs- at least until floor 30ish. Then the psi-tuning patch hit and my careful plan to erase the food clock was set back again!

One main goal was to develop Enoch into a late-game psionic god, akin to the Liir or the Psion. Maybe it was a foolish idea given his starting postion and regen rate, but a goal nonetheless. It became far more difficult with the changes to psi-drain. It didn't work out- Empathy was the only tree that hit 100 (TK never got higher than 80!).

The "Most Valuable Gear" award of the run goes to the Belt of Aias, hands down. For example, a fiendish ladder room on floor 32 took me from full hp (700) to 155 in 3 turns. Without the belt, I would have been in full panic mode after the first turn, popping nanomeds like they were going out of style. As it was, I just went back up a floor and took a nap. :lol:

A slight word of caution to anyone contemplating a similar BR prep- it is very easy to damage your enjoyment of the game by BR'ing too much. I had fun scrounging for the gear on feeder runs, where every opened container could contain something I was looking for. However, once I started the run I had almost everything I would ever have wanted to find. Self-inflicted damage to the loot cycle, and all that. :)

Return to “War Stories”