Is it winnable ?

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
Flanowski

Is it winnable ?

Post by Flanowski » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Hai guys. I bought this game recently as RougeLike maniac, still learning the game so there is noob question:

My highest run so far is :
Not feeded Liir normal floor 33
Manifestation - 100, copying my hero sotswitches and plasma grenades every time duplicate is avalible. Food is not a problem since duplicate - sotswitch combo.

I didnt find single liir wearable armor whole game, my moisture suit broke @ floor 32 after it took its last 2/2 durability dmg ( i know, i suck at taking it off, keep forgetting :? ).
Got full stored tessaract with ammo, guns and rare ingredients.
The only thing bugging me is lack of armor.
Im taking it as slowly as i can, conserving ammo and durability like mad. Cleared whole 32 floor without shooting 1 bullet, took me like 1h but i did it.

So guys, what should i do to get this baby rolling, is there anything more i can get to assure win here ? Or if im gonna fall @ 40, dont lie. But i rly hope its gonna be my first win

ScoSteSal118

Re: Is it winnable ?

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:48 pm

For armor, can't you craft an RG Special? It's only 30 armor, but it's 150 durability, and last time I played Liir (which was a year and something ago) it worked on it.

With the armory that you have there, food no longer being a concern, and all the psi toys like cc that you get as Liir, you have a very good chance of winning. If you're ok with being very slow and meticulous, then I would add that you want to as much as possible keep your health topped off so that you're less likely to be 1-shotted by an off-screen attack from a Warbot or something.

By the way, 40 is definitely something that you can work through if you're careful and well-equipped enough (unless you get unlucky with certain specific things, which I won't mention).

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:45 am

Yep, totally winnable.

With Psi-Armor, you have a panic button of sorts, and you should be able to craft a RG armor (check the wiki for the recipe unless it violates your principles) :)

I would say take it slow and steady, but it looks like you have that part down already.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Flanowski

Post by Flanowski » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:13 am

Well, i use only self found recipes, i have unlocked rg special one tho. :) I was like "Im not going to craft this cuz im gonna get low with bindings" Said a guy who has like 6 spare backpacks.

Will check mself b4 i wreck mself.

I dont want to post sth like : "aaand i died" like i found myself with ww gloves, ce helmet, liir medalion psion ( not fed, rngesus touch ) at floor 31 cuz of turn skip - emergency lvl up heal missclick.

Flanowski

Post by Flanowski » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:22 am

Managed to get some sleep and travel deeper into the pit. Floor 38, im sitting on ammo, backpacks and plasma granades, RG special is doing its job, found 2 tarka living armors and PBA @37, cried a little inside.

Will post a sshot when i get back from work.

Flanowski

Post by Flanowski » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Tarka room ahead, 2 rooms to boss. How do i do it ?
Psi Armor, Deflect, Reflect, Invis, Psi Shield nade spam, thats yolo strats ;/ Dunno if i can lure them 1-2 @ the time. So far ahead and at this point im afraid to start a fight.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 am

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want suggestions/strats for the boss room?

If so, pretty basic. Activate psi buffs, try and isolate just one guard at a time and snipe from the edge of the screen. Don't try and kill the boss until all his guards are down. You have the meson rifle and shrap storm plus deflect- you should be just fine.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Flanowski

Post by Flanowski » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Well, didnt expect the boss fight to be so easy. Had to go back 3 floors to get to tessaract well and lab, so i could pick up am pistol, some meds and cells, crafted 6 energy packs and went all armed into boss room.
Thank you for the advices and support, im glad i did it, now normal with the rest. Then will try my best @ hard mode.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 am

congrats!

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:38 am

This game's difficulty curve can be a little odd sometimes. With many characters, it seems like it's easy for 8-12 floors, and then it's hard for the next 20, and then it's easier again as you start getting less shy about using your big guns and your resources start to snowball. If you get through the rough parts, you just have to make sure not to rush and lash out in frustration and screw something up.

And yeah, the final boss is easier than a lot of typical, totally random situations in the game. Actually, many of the rooms of Floor 40 are harder than the Zuul overlord room. It's a bit of an odd twist, given how often the middle 20 floors are so much more blatantly out to kill me.

(Maybe my memory is just bad... I haven't played to the late floors in a long time.)

Good luck in Hard.
Joining Forces: the parody fan comic with pit peril, dysfunctional teamwork, and suggestive situations with aliens!

http://joining-forces.blogspot.com

Return to “War Stories”