Ayb Ascendant (Seriously Victory, no BR)

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
The Apprentice

Ayb Ascendant (Seriously Victory, no BR)

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:42 am

Seeker saves the girl! Just in time for the Lich DLC!

Seriously Seeker Achievement.jpg

Liir End Game Skills.jpg

This run was started during the "Gronch Patch," and so benefited from the existence of gift boxes. According to the end game screen, I found 5 Gronches and 5 Gift Boxes. The gift boxes showered me with rib sandwitches, assorted biomods (more nasty than nice) and like 3 EZ Cookers. So many EX cookers.
Gronch Kills.jpg

Key things:
Food: An Edu-Pet gave me 9 or 10 (can't recall) Redaction Skill early in the game, which lett me hit metabolic control far earlier than normal. Resting for psi points thus became far less costly in terms of food at that point. Finding a psionic focus shortly thereafter was like icing on the cake. When I eventually got manna from the manifestation tree, I could actually GAIN food per rest cycle. Pop M.C., cast manna, rest for 100 turns. Net result of +27 ish food.

Armor: I had amazing luck with armor. I found two Nurturing Embraces, as well as the padded armor thing (which I never had to wear). Continuing the luck streak, I ended up with 3 hardening biomods in the Nurturing Embrace I was wearing. It was nuts. I haven't had that many hardening biomods since KP patched out the ability to dupe them.

Psionics: Once I could use Manna/MC to net food, maxing every tree BUT War Mind was just an exercise in patience. And I wanted to win. And sabotage is definitely worth the investment. And so is dissove, and...

Regardless, all psi skills hit 100 by the mid-30's. ;)

Weapons: Again, crazy luck. I had 4- FOUR!- Vorpal Blades drop. The sole Tarkan Martial Trainer that dropped gave me +20 blade. A lightning blade dropped later, enabling me to craft an Adamantium Sword sometime in the 20's.

Ranged Penetration was a problem until the mid 20's, when an Adjudicator dropped. Then, to make it ridiculous, a Meson rifle dropped in the 30s. No superconductors showed up the entire game, so I was unable to make a laser or pulse laser rifle. Also, nothing that used pistol or rifle ammo appeared either.

Stats: I hit 100 in all stats shortly before the end of the game. This was possible because Gronch Elixirs provided 5 stat points, and Pit Stews were crafted roughly 20 times overall. I also yolo'd duplication on an early neurotransmitter drop, which panned out, so finesse hit 100. (I later ended up ignoring more than 7 Neurotransmitters. Ayb was destined to have high finesse this run- it was just a matter of when.)

A later drop of vitamins (x5) meant steroidal enhancers could be mass produced, so might hit 100.

Time Counter: This one was a doozy. Because I was able to overcome the food clock early on in the run, resting was the optimal strategy multiple times. Even so, I was surprised at how high the Time counter got. 112k was far higher than even my Psion Seriously run, which clocked in at 75k.

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by The Apprentice on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Ayb Ascendant (Seriously Victory, no BR)

Post by Mecron » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:53 am

Congrats!

skugge

Post by skugge » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Thats some sick run. Grats and well done :)

thelankyyankee

Post by thelankyyankee » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:50 am

Well played!

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:36 am

what the hell is that Male sign in your kill list lol
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:40 am

I think that is the placeholder art used before representative art is prepared. It used to show up for the TK fist, iirc.

It that pic, it was the Gift Boxes the gronch could drop. I guess they were technically monsters! The nicest mimics you ever did see...
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

LordGek

Post by LordGek » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am

Ciurrioc wrote:what the hell is that Male sign in your kill list lol

The guy absolutely WRECKED a few restrooms on his way to the end. Why do you think they call the difficulty "Seriously?" if not to scold players for poor bathroom hygiene?

Return to “War Stories”