--Project Hudson Cancelled, Project Makari a GO--

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
The Apprentice

--Project Hudson Cancelled, Project Makari a GO--

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:36 am

(See here for context: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=54038)

**Somewhere, in a production room meeting**

"What do you mean, Project Hudson is CANCELLED?"

"It seems the prop department can't find a Brawler PBA suit, sir. The higherups say there is no support for Hudson without a quality PBA suit."

"Well, what are we going to do now? We have to do *something* with all those resources in Lot 20. Accounting says we have to get them off the books pronto!"

"We could cast a Tarka in the role, sir."

"A tarka... there's a thought. The barbarian thing might work with a Changed Male. Allright, call Makari! And make sure to slap some ridiculous belt on him!

Props.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

The Apprentice

Re: --Project Hudson Cancelled, Project Makari a GO--

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:22 am

**Makari's Third Day on the Set**

"You know, I've been reading the script. It doesn't seem like I'm ever really in danger, here. I'm virtually unkillable."

"Right. You are the hero of the story. Heroes don't lose. Makari will be in danger right before the end due a mistake, though. The audience will see it coming a mile away. It'll be great."

"What's the mistake?"

"Well, you really want your payday. You want to get back to drinking, or something. It's vague on purpose- the audience fills the motivation in.

Basically, once you get the girl you can go back to your Barbarian happy place. Anyway, the System Administrator knows this. So he will tempt you with a belt of invisibility. Of course, to use it, the hero has to remove the belt his ancestors gave him..."

"So he gets lazy and is punished for it?"

"Pretty much. The belt of invisibility will run out RIGHT before you reach the girl. So all the monsters you have been avoiding will see you in the penultimate room. Xombies, Pack Leaders, Mechanodogs- it will be a special effects wonderfest."

"So then I lose?"

"Lose? Of course you don't lose! Audiences don't want to see the hero lose. Nah, you'll just bleed a bit."

"Bleed a BIT? In the PIT? The place of death and horror?"

"What do you want? This is a spinoff. It like the Barney and Friends of the Pit. Maybe Sesame Pit? Marketing is working on a better title.

Now get back over there for filming!"

The Belt of Temptation.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Apprentice

Ape Girl Go- Sandbagging Seriously

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:59 am

**Outside an entertaino-plex, the day after APE GIRL GO's release**

"So what did you think?"

"A bit boring. The creatures he was wading through didn't have a choice, or a chance!"

"Yeah, it wasn't really fair. The bit about his belt running out of power right before his objective was funny though! All those 'nades and and lasers at once."

"It was an okay end-fight scene. And Makari DID start bleeding for once."

"Up for seeing the sequel if they make it?"

"Another one? No way! This is a spinoff that can stop spinning. Fun for a laugh, but not really the point of the Pit."

Ape Girl Go.jpg

Merc 'Win' Seriously.jpg

Editors Note: So, yes. You can use the blue rooms to sandbag seriously. You just need about 900k xp in floor 20, and a good melee weapon. The belt of Aias helps.

I did in fact get lazy, and use an Imager Belt I found to run through all of floor 39 and most of 40. It ran out in the middle of the second-to-last room. Many explosions.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 am

lol how many hours to load that b-room?

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 am

It was all incidental/leftover stuff from feeder runs to floor 10/15 from my other Seriously runs (Psion, Sheperd). The Liir that won also dropped off extra stuff on his way through.

I made two mules to transfer a few items *stormer cough cough* to floor 20 on quick. Those Liir never leveled, so all xp gained post locker went into the floor 20 locker with that magical XP multiplier.

(The vast majority of XP probably came from a bungled Psion Seriously attempt were I screwed up and had a level 60 psion on floor 5, because I didn't understand how the mechanics worked. That was like a year ago. Was time to use of the resources!)

So prep time for this run was maybe two hours? It was in the midst of other things.

But far far more in terms of the underlying feeder runs. :lol:

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:21 am

Oh, and should the Heavy Pulsar be weaker than the Heavy Cannon? This was the first time I got to use the Pulsar, and I was a bit surprised given the background of the weapons.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:44 pm

lol yes I kinda meant the feeder run times :lol:

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:00 pm

I've easily spent more than 150 hours on feeder-esque runs for various purposes. EASILY.

So nowhere near the "if they can break the game in a half-hour, let us know" zone. ;)

Return to “War Stories”