Almost got gangbanged by 2 Adaptoids.

Share your tales of glory (or gory) here. ***WARN OF SPOILERS***
SandboxHead

Almost got gangbanged by 2 Adaptoids.

Post by SandboxHead » Mon May 02, 2016 5:40 am

There's no clearer realization that this game's out to murder you, than when you narrowly avoid 1 of its most harrowing traps. :shock:

Playing Hiver Warrior for past 2 days (because **** level-up psi refills). Breezing along floor 10, level 9 exp. Happen along a tiny room stocked with 4 ammo crates and a medical locker. Hmm... Rapari thought... that is a suspiciously high number of loot for such a small room.

Despite impatience borne of hunger, Rapari made sure to approach each container only if he had a spare movement point remaining. This did not happen naturally at all; had to expend some turns with 'x'. But caution was rewarded. Turned out there were 2(!) Adaptoids right next to each other diagonally. Basically, the pair was positioned such that if Rapari just walked up to 1 of them, both would have unloaded on him at the same time. :cry: !ouch That would have been the end of a lvl 9 Hiver Warrior, what a way to go.

Instead, I found my first opportunity this run to use my Hiver Rapachan Flamer. Suck on this, 6-nucleotide 2-biopolymer genetic hack-jobs! :insane:

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Almost got gangbanged by 2 Adaptoids.

Post by Mecron » Mon May 02, 2016 6:08 pm

I thought with a title like that this topic was going to start with "Dear Penthouse..." :twisted:

SandboxHead

Re: Almost got gangbanged by 2 Adaptoids.

Post by SandboxHead » Mon May 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Well it should start with Dear Quanta because I'm a brainy geek. 8)

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20150710-genetic-alphabet/

Your lore officer should read this article. Scientists are creating 6-nucleotide 2-biopolymer genetic hack-jobs. What amazed me is that Zerg is genetically possible, i.e. organisms which can evolve within its own lifetime (and I'm not just talking about bacterial conjugation), rather than having to wait to pass advantages on to offspring. :love:

Return to “War Stories”