Question about weapon mods

If you want to talk about weapon specs, items details, and recipes, do it here. ***SPOILERS***
thelankyyankee

Question about weapon mods

Post by thelankyyankee » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 am

When you modify a weapon does it nuke any existing biomods in that weapon? On my current run, I lucked into getting a Qsplitter out of a recombinator and was hoping to make a cleaver autoshotgun. The problem is that my existing autoshotgun has a full load of penetration biomods. If I mod it, will it clear all of my pen mods?

The Apprentice

Re: Question about weapon mods

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:36 am

Yes, yes you will.

On the plus side, there are other good weapons to use the Q-splitter on ;)

PS: How did you find that many penetration biomods?! Can you dupe them somehow, or was it luck?
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

thelankyyankee

Re: Question about weapon mods

Post by thelankyyankee » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:44 am

Dang, that sucks, thanks for the info! As far as I know, biomods cannot be duped, I just got really lucky. Well, that and the Gronch dropped a bunch haha. I started this run a week ago when that patch was still active. I still have a couple in the well that I haven't gotten around to identifying, I would have killed for a scanner on this run.

I wish I had another weapon to use the splitter on, I have had literally no weapon drops that can accept it on this run aside from my autoshotgun. On the upside, I have 2 laser carbines, two laser rifles, and an X-rifle (plus two thumpers/3-slot backpacks) haha.

Return to “Spoilertown”