Infinite psi skill farming with the Lich

If you want to talk about weapon specs, items details, and recipes, do it here. ***SPOILERS***
LuckyLuckLuc

Infinite psi skill farming with the Lich

Post by LuckyLuckLuc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Discovered that with access to one cleanser trap and one psi trap (two or three would be much better) you can infinitely farm you psi skills to 100 if you have the patience. Pretty dirty and unroguelike way to play though.

If cleanser traps or psi charge traps had a limited # of uses, would prevent such silliness.

http://www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2/c/5993390
Check out my livestream and watch me suffer in the Pit!

http://www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKdwXQK6nQT8piuDY1kZFtw
Completed (no blue room - no Ammo cheat) -
Insane Engineer
Insane Marine
Insane Scout
Insane Psion
Insane Ranger
Insane Striker
Insane Hiver
Insane Shepherd
Insane Mercenary
Insane Medic
All classes hard

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Infinite psi skill farming with the Lich

Post by Mecron » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:10 pm

I think the values of a persons time and life should prevent such silliness already ;)

brujo

Post by brujo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:03 am

Actually there is such a person, who is comitted enough to your game and doesn't value his time much. I wouldn't mention him really, but he is the most popular Pit streamer on Twitch. We already had several painful experiences of 6-8-10 hour sessions consisting of ONLY farming and abusing whatever can be farmed and abused. Such shenanigans can cause the wrong impression about your beautiful game and thus scare off a large number of potential customers from buying it.

Masque

Post by Masque » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Another one roguelike game that I know very well is ADoM, and it's one of the hardest roguelikes games for sure too. So, it have some technically not entirely intended mechanics to access infinite Wish spell (and it does what it tells by name - most powerfull spell in the game, that cannot be even cast for 99% runs). And I want to say - it isn't bad. It's just one of methods to beat the game. Any class is able to duplicate bacon sandwiches to live forever - it's truly the same situation as with lich.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:51 pm

brujo so the impression we do NOT want to give is that you have a choice to NOT watch someone do the same strange thing for 8 hours? ;)

If something is breaking the game in moments or even minutes, Sure, by all means that is a problem. But this? I guess I choose to have more faith in the twitch community and their sense of perspective. Think of time and futility as part of LIFE"s balance system. I mean we all read those stories about the people who spent a year collecting every supermarket coupon so they could win the trip to mexico for sure. And sure enough they won the trip to mexico! Yay! More power to em cause I certainly could not spend hundred of hours clipping those damn coupons.

Let us know if someone finds a way to make this process take less than a half hour. Otherwise, I salute his dedication! 8)

brujo

Post by brujo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:39 am

Having a stream running in background while doing something much more useful and occasionally alt-tabbing once in a couple of hours to see there is still nothing going on doesn't take much of an effort, I'm not crazy. I just remember viewers being extremely bored and annoyed, but on the second thought it's more about the guy himself. Okay then, let him be.

It's just how Lucky and me (and maybe somebody else) feel like, but our personal opinion is not something major for you to change your game, fair enough.

Return to “Spoilertown”