What are the odds of finding that replacement moisture suit?

If you want to talk about weapon specs, items details, and recipes, do it here. ***SPOILERS***
LordGek

What are the odds of finding that replacement moisture suit?

Post by LordGek » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:34 am

What are the odds of finding that replacement moisture suit, or more to the point, does a specific class have better odds than others of finding crucial starting gear if lost like the Seeker's moisture suit or the Lich's dagger/blade combo?

The Apprentice

Re: What are the odds of finding that replacement moisture s

Post by The Apprentice » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:41 am

I've found the moisture suit a few times as the Liir, along with the Nurturing Embrace/Recycler. It seems like it is slotted into the high-quality medium armor space of the loot tables.

It would be interesting if classes had a bonus or malus to find certain class-linked items, but I have no idea if that is possible or not.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

skugge

Post by skugge » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:27 pm

You know when i read what you guys are writing part of me want to know too. But there is a part of me that wants to keep on living in ignorance as well. There is a certain appeal about not knowing stuff so you can keep on theorising and guess :pit:

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:23 pm

IIRC I got a "word from god" answer many versions ago that the drops and enemies that spawn are completely class independent.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:07 pm

and that word is still good ;)

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:23 am

Just checking, i could hve sworn i read recently that some classes spawned certain enemies earlier to keep the pacing, so half of the word of god has been updated?

If so, we have now transitioned from judaism to christianism =P

Nah, most likely you were answering to the OT's question, but since i made a double statement i would like some clarification.

skugge

Post by skugge » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:46 am

Grilleds wrote:The odds are incredibly low. My current Seeker run I am on floor 36, I have never once found a replacement moisture armor for the Liir, and have in fact found only 1 other armor I could actually use... Which broke like 8 floors back. My Moisture Suit broke around floor 20 so I've been dehydrated for over a dozen floors.

Wont you die from that?

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Well, psi armor plus r&g special plus a well placed shrapnel storm should give enough defense to survive a volley at least.

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Grilleds wrote:
Svankensen wrote:Well, psi armor plus r&g special plus a well placed shrapnel storm should give enough defense to survive a volley at least.

I survived a few volleys at first from individual Zuul and killed a few Zuul with hit and run tactics (open door, TK Fist, close door). After fully healing I tried the same thing but apparently I aggroed several of the remaining Zuul at once and instantly died. Pretty sure I had Psi Armor up too, but the Zuul Lord's attack lowered it to only about 25ish armor.

Well, damn, that must suck. Thats why i dont like the Liir. Hes really strong, but in most other classes after you've survived 35 levels you have many tools at your disposal for survival. With the Liir, OTOH, you are just as fragile as you were at the begining. BTW, the last room should only have 4 Zuul, 3 Female and one male. They are however VERY damaging. For the record, the last room doesnt have any special equipment, so shrapnel storm should work to immediately put one of the females out of the fight for 2 turns.

Darkwing dack

Post by Darkwing dack » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:09 pm

LordGek wrote:What are the odds of finding that replacement moisture suit,

100% if you play anyone but Liir.
Same with Morrigy armor

Return to “Spoilertown”