Harder enemys for especific characters?

If you want to talk about weapon specs, items details, and recipes, do it here. ***SPOILERS***
Zidriel

Harder enemys for especific characters?

Post by Zidriel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:20 am

So i started a run with mercenary on hard difficult, and it was totally different from other characters, he have higher chance to encounter harder enemies or was just bad luck?

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Harder enemys for especific characters?

Post by Mecron » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 pm

the pit systems often recognize a more dangerous threat and react accordingly :twisted:

Zidriel

Post by Zidriel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Mecron wrote:the pit systems often recognize a more dangerous threat and react accordingly :twisted:

Thats bad :(
I was on a good run with a mercenary and in the middle on a bad situtation with really strong enemys, a crazy human (or as i call mad-baseball player) killed me.

skugge

Post by skugge » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Male Tarka vs. Crazed "Baseball" Man then Tarka should win ;)

Zidriel

Post by Zidriel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:02 am

skugge wrote:Male Tarka vs. Crazed "Baseball" Man then Tarka should win ;)

He threw a grenade and i didn't even see him on my screen, that's why I call them like that, i believe that it was his job before entering at the pit :?

Squiggler

Post by Squiggler » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:32 pm

Merc gets +4 floors, marine gets +2, shepherd gets -1, engineer gets -3.

Rwlyra

Post by Rwlyra » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Squiggler wrote:Merc gets +4 floors, marine gets +2, shepherd gets -1, engineer gets -3.

Is it documented somewhere or found in the code?
If the table is true then it makes Marine even worse than I thought! :shock:

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:43 pm

To be fair, a long time ago, in vainilla, the Marine was quite good. His starting equipment, if properly cared for, could carry you past floor 20 in normal, which was the 2/3rds of the game back then. In harder difficulties maybe not, but i never tried. The addition of psionics (and his weakness with them) is what really pulled him down. I believe hes an interesting character nontheless, the problem being that hes overshadowed as a weapon focused character by the Ranger in the expansions, who has almost as many equipment options and start with plainly better skills, +1 movement, and almost as good gear; the Marine benefits from common ammo, and the burst damage of the assault rifle, but the tarka will get weapons way earlier than him and starts with the excelent Sar. Maybe if theyd given the marine some lockpicks or a digital assistant, or a sharpening/ballistic kit and a polymer injector hed be much better.

skugge

Post by skugge » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Svankensen wrote:To be fair, a long time ago, in vainilla, the Marine was quite good. His starting equipment, if properly cared for, could carry you past floor 20 in normal, which was the 2/3rds of the game back then. In harder difficulties maybe not, but i never tried. The addition of psionics (and his weakness with them) is what really pulled him down. I believe hes an interesting character nontheless, the problem being that hes overshadowed as a weapon focused character by the Ranger in the expansions, who has almost as many equipment options and start with plainly better skills, +1 movement, and almost as good gear; the Marine benefits from common ammo, and the burst damage of the assault rifle, but the tarka will get weapons way earlier than him and starts with the excelent Sar. Maybe if theyd given the marine some lockpicks or a digital assistant, or a sharpening/ballistic kit and a polymer injector hed be much better.

+1

Marine deserves some kind of upgrade. Maybe it would be enough actually if the enemies and at which rate they get harder were slightly tweaked.

Return to “Spoilertown”