Resolution and field of view.

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: castewarkp

Masque

Resolution and field of view.

Post by Masque » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm playing on my notebook and PC with 1366 and 1920 respectively. And sometimes I need to switch to PC, for hiver queen killing for an example, because field of view is much larger on bigger resolution. So it's different gaming experience. Maybe you could add one more zoom-out level for lower resolutions? Or just shrink one more tileset with lower size? Or maybe it's not intended overall?

P.S. Many thanks for controller support.

BlueTemplar

Re: Resolution and field of view.

Post by BlueTemplar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:17 pm

because field of view is much larger on bigger resolution

Are you sure about that? Can you please post screenshots?

lavamadness
Kerberos

Post by lavamadness » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 am

The game was designed around 1280x720. You aren't "missing out" on your laptop. In both cases, you're seeing more of the map than designed. Everyone always wants to zoom out farther... :P
David Salsman
Senior Programmer,
Kerberos Productions

Masque

Post by Masque » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 am

But... Hiver queen...

skugge

Post by skugge » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:55 am

lavamadness wrote:The game was designed around 1280x720. You aren't "missing out" on your laptop. In both cases, you're seeing more of the map than designed. Everyone always wants to zoom out farther... :P

Its more of an inside conflict really. I WANT to play the game zoomed in at max(cause its pretty) but i HAVE to zoom out so i dont miss thing that will kill me :googly:

Masque

Post by Masque » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:31 am

skugge wrote:Its more of an inside conflict really. I WANT to play the game zoomed in at max(cause its pretty) but i HAVE to zoom out so i dont miss thing that will kill me :googly:

I agree. Game is hard enough to make more problems by yourself. I think, at least, vertical field of view must be entirely available in any resolution.

Upd. And if for the lesser resolution game graphics can be smaller, for larger - vise versa, bigger. Then the same experience will be for sure in any case.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Oh, so this is the same issue I already mentioned here...
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=48205

I did not realize that it didn't affect screens of different resolution in different ways, though in hindsight it's obvious if the number and power of zoom levels is always the same.

What I don't understand however, is why the screen and zoom isn't centered on the character in the 1920x1080 screenshot? Is that because of the map border at the top?

Masque

Post by Masque » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:25 am

BlueTemplar wrote:What I don't understand however, is why the screen and zoom isn't centered on the character in the 1920x1080 screenshot? Is that because of the map border at the top?

Yes, I just found bunny and took screenshot.

Return to “Suggestions”