Psi Boosting Weapons?

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: castewarkp

The Apprentice

Psi Boosting Weapons?

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:16 am

(These may already exist in the Pit, and I just haven't found them)

Essentially, weapons that either augment psi schools while equipped or that allows you to use raw psi as ammo for various attacks. Kinda like the Bio-blaster consumes food to generate attacks.

Maybe have the weapons require a given amount of skill in a school to be wielded effectively?
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

The Apprentice

Re: Psi Boosting Weapons?

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:31 am

Perhaps crafted psi-boosting equipment, as well? A poor man's CE helm that could work for any race, or an armlet that acts as a psi battery.

Could have a negative consequence every x turns, since it relies upon the energy of sentient beings.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

pickle3es

Post by pickle3es » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:41 pm

I like this idea. Tons of fantasy games have staffs/idols/whatevers that you can equip as 'weapons" that simply boost magic. They don't actually do any competitive damage as a melee weapon, but in exchange they boost you magic so that it can be what you rely on (instead of melee or bow weapon).

Maybe have it boost Psi damage, or simply reduce Psi/food cost of casting Psi's? Maybe increase recharge time of Psi moves?

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:43 am

One that uses psi as ammo sounds great, specially for the PSI impaired classes. It would make that bar usefull for something. A PSI boosting one, tho, wouldnt work. It works with the other slots cause they have equip times, so switching to/from them has a tactical cost. Weapons you can switch freely, so you would be basically always using the psi boosting one.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:48 pm

You could have it boost you for a short amount of time after firing (hitting)... maybe explained like some kind of psi drain mediated through the weapon?

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:55 pm

The Apprentice wrote:(These may already exist in the Pit, and I just haven't found them)

Essentially, weapons that either augment psi schools while equipped or that allows you to use raw psi as ammo for various attacks. Kinda like the Bio-blaster consumes food to generate attacks.

Maybe have the weapons require a given amount of skill in a school to be wielded effectively?

This may be an old post... but, such weapon exist now!

Hint - it's a Tarkasian design.

Return to “Suggestions”