VN progression a la SotS? (Pit 2)

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: castewarkp

The Apprentice

VN progression a la SotS? (Pit 2)

Post by The Apprentice » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:18 am

Some sort of progression, where if you kill X number of probes in a run there is a chance to spawn a VN Zerker (or some variant).

Maybe best combined with a more limited range attack for VN's, so players have a more clear-cut choice about fighting a VN probe or not. Why does the Pit need this?

Well, it could hate the players still more, I guess... And an enemy type where the player has a reason to avoid fighting because of large consequences later could be fun.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Khrowe

Re: VN progression a la SotS? (Pit 2)

Post by Khrowe » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Love the idea of an elite mob variant!

This also sparked the thought of the sotsdex slowly revealing more information regarding mobs as you progressively killed them.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Hmm, I think I remember some Diablo-like game that showed you more information about the monsters as you killed more of them... wasn't it actually Diablo 1?

skugge

Post by skugge » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:32 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:Hmm, I think I remember some Diablo-like game that showed you more information about the monsters as you killed more of them... wasn't it actually Diablo 1?

Final fantasy XII did it. After killing one monster you got one page of information. Then after killing a certain higher number you got a second page that usually gave you recipes or other valuable info.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:15 am

you do realize the budget of an FF game, right? 8)

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 am

BlueTemplar wrote:Hmm, I think I remember some Diablo-like game that showed you more information about the monsters as you killed more of them... wasn't it actually Diablo 1?

Yep, it was Diablo. Started with "some resistances, no immunities" then listed the resistances/immunities, then listed HP range. And maybe armor class too, i dont recall. I still play that lovely game in Ironman mode with my friends (not going back to town ever) every few years. Its hellishly difficult that way.

Anyway, back to the OT, its actually quite a good idea, but maybe not with VN's (way too nasty). Instead it could be some sort of harvestable critter like the rabbits or turkeys or albinoids. If you kill enough of those helpless critters (wich usually drop food), you may be in for a world of pain.

Return to “Suggestions”