What does Bloodweaver eat?

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse as Discovered in The Pit

Moderator: Erinys

mouton

What does Bloodweaver eat?

Post by mouton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:58 pm

There is a message that says roughly "Master Control has finished feeding. There is thousands of bodies to bury." Apparently, he doesn't just munch whole creatures. What does he eat, then? Minds? Souls? Blood? Fingertips?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: What does Bloodweaver eat?

Post by ZedF » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Life essence.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

mouton

Post by mouton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 pm

So, it's like a mix of soul and blood. Noice.

Jelkan

Post by Jelkan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 am

He eats the spirit of the players who try so hard to beat the game. The corpses left behind are the multitude of dead characters that we were unable to guide to victory.

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:48 am

Most Suul'ka have moved beyond consuming matter and instead use their psionic powers to absorb energy from living things, leeching it out of them and leaving them dead, frozen husks.
Nerts to this space-crap!

Grunthex

Post by Grunthex » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:12 am

Rather like lawyers...

Pandesmos

Post by Pandesmos » Sun May 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Are there any other messages, creature or item descriptions that mention the Suul'ka feed on souls/consciousness?

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sun May 11, 2014 10:52 pm

The Bloodweaver is a Suul'ka, and is often referred to as Master Control in the game.

There is at least one message- it which references a need for service bots to clean up the surface of the planet after Master Control had a snack.

The Suul'ka are also extensively discussed in the Lore section of the Forums for SotS 2.

Edit to Add: Message 26 and Message 125 also reference that topic, through indirectly. And yes, I missed the OP. Thought I had scrolled up all the way. :googly:
Last edited by The Apprentice on Mon May 12, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Pandesmos

Post by Pandesmos » Sun May 11, 2014 11:09 pm

The Apprentice wrote:The Bloodweaver is a Suul'ka, and is often referred to as Master Control in the game.

There is at least one message- it which references a need for service bots to clean up the surface of the planet after Master Control had a snack.

The Suul'ka are also extensively discussed in the Lore section of the Forums for SotS 2.

Oh I know that. In fact, the OP's post has the message you're referring to.

I was just wondering if there was another message or even creature or item description in "The Pit" that specifically mentions Bloodweaver devouring souls/consciousness.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Sorry about that- I was in the midst of the world's longest edit and you pointed out what I was missing.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Tue May 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Pandesmos wrote:I was just wondering if there was another message or even creature or item description in "The Pit" that specifically mentions Bloodweaver devouring souls/consciousness.

I can't recall any off-hand. That is essentially what the psionic skill 'Psi-Drain' involves though. The Suul'ka can employ both life-drain and psi-drain on a mass scale when 'feeding.'

Thematically, yes, Bloodweaver (and the other Suul'ka) can consume the psionic consciousness of other sentients, and can even preserve those lesser 'souls' within their own great minds. At least one Suul'ka can even move consciousnesses back into a mortal body.
Nerts to this space-crap!

Return to “Son of The Lore”