Teleportation

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse as Discovered in The Pit

Moderator: Erinys

skugge

Teleportation

Post by skugge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:26 pm

How far can i travel in the sots universe? Could i "beam myself up in space"? Is there Tp-devices between planets? Could i travel from the pit to anywhere else?

The Apprentice

Re: Teleportation

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm

The various FTL methods of the known races are fairly detailed already. Remember that the Sotsverse was first displayed in a space-based 4x.

The best wiki (http://sots.rorschach.net/) is down for me atm, but there is a bare bones wikia one.

http://sotsii.wikia.com/wiki/The_Races. Or you could play SotS Prime and see how it works in game ;)
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Leap mines are able to teleport across several hundred meters, I wouldn't go so far as to say the same could be applied to organics however. and if anyone is able to teleport across vast distances with tech it would be the Hiver, but that's assisted by gates.
aside from that we're aware suul'ka can fold space with 0 ****s given and go almost anywhere they please.

I'm not sure anyone in the 7 races on a smaller scale could achieve such a feat even in a localized area.

I expected the Morrigi in their hayday might have been able too.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Leap mines don't teleport, they have a powerful short-haul fusion engine mounted, similar to the ones missiles use but with a lot higher thrust and a lot shorter burn time.

Now if you want to actually invoke the teleportation-based drives that do exist in the SotS-verse, you need go no further than talk to your local Liir. Their FTL drive is teleportation-based, albeit millimeters at a time.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

skugge

Post by skugge » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:16 am

Ciurrioc wrote:Leap mines are able to teleport across several hundred meters, I wouldn't go so far as to say the same could be applied to organics however. and if anyone is able to teleport across vast distances with tech it would be the Hiver, but that's assisted by gates.
aside from that we're aware suul'ka can fold space with 0 ****s given and go almost anywhere they please.

I'm not sure anyone in the 7 races on a smaller scale could achieve such a feat even in a localized area.

I expected the Morrigi in their hayday might have been able too.

Cool. This is what i was wondering.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:10 pm

And by morrigi in their hayday I mean tech assisted teleportation, but that would fall under lost tech.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Jarix

Post by Jarix » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:21 am

The Liir use teleportation all the time, particularly with their FTL. It's just micrometers at a time cycled really fast.

I don't know of any long-range teleport anywhere that I've found in the lore so far.

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:32 am

Hiver gates?
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:35 pm

doorways as opposed to star trek style TP

Return to “Son of The Lore”