Hiver Jewels

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse as Discovered in The Pit

Moderator: Erinys

skugge

Hiver Jewels

Post by skugge » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:50 pm

If the hiver queen jewels were destroyed.. Would the hiver race perish? Im probably not understanding this right from the lore book.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Hiver Jewels

Post by ZedF » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 pm

No, as I recall whatever queen took power would eventually be able to grow new jewels, but it would take decades or even centuries.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:36 am

The queen emits some pheromones or something of the sort that prevents the development of jewels on princesses. So an isolated princess could become queen while another queen lives, but it would take roughly 2 centuries. I'm not 100% sure about this, but i believe the princess would have to be isolated from members of the queens clan too. Im not sure how that would work tho, maybe being in the presence of the queen makes you emit some pheromones too?

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:32 am

Or the queen emits pheromones that disable the princesses to become queens.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

skugge

Post by skugge » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:55 am

I knew there was something to it. I remember reading that the jewels were stolen and lost for some time but they were recovered eventually.

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Skugge, would you be so kind as to post a photo of the lorebook entry on the Hiver Queen? Id love to see a picture of her! If the devs give their permission of course.

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:03 am

Princesses can become queens given sufficient time, many centuries in fact - this process is inhibited by a living queen's pheromones. Servants and envoys of the queen also spread her pheromones to her daughters during diplomatic visits to ensure that a rival queen does not develop. If a queen dies the princess can use her jewels to become a new queen in a matter of days (by eating them, incidentally - that's how it works!), which is very helpful for preventing civil war during the interregnum between queens. Hence, the queen's jewels are very valuable and hivers who love peace will want to ensure they make their way into the hands of a chosen heir as soon as possible. Without this action, multiple queens would arise and in such cases war between them is certain.

The previous high queen, Immaculate Pearl, was lost and her jewels remained lost for several centuries until enough of them were returned to the hiver people that her sister, Radiant Frost, was able to secure the throne and end over six centuries of civil war. One day, I hope, we can tell the story of exactly how Pearl and her jewels were lost, how some of them were returned, and where the missing ones went...

Also, you can view some of the freely released artwork of the Hiver Queen from the lorebook here:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54972&sid=df1769a44410eeef6ce9f25af2605849#p547918
Nerts to this space-crap!

skugge

Post by skugge » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 am

Golden Yak wrote:The previous high queen, Immaculate Pearl, was lost and her jewels remained lost for several centuries until enough of them were returned to the hiver people that her sister, Radiant Frost, was able to secure the throne and end over six centuries of civil war. One day, I hope, we can tell the story of exactly how Pearl and her jewels were lost, how some of them were returned, and where the missing ones went...

Also, you can view some of the freely released artwork of the Hiver Queen from the lorebook here:
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 49#p547918

Yea thats the one i was refering to. Would be a cool and unique story for an RPG.

Return to “Son of The Lore”