Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

ddub
Kerberos

Re: Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Post by ddub » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Melkor wrote:Great news! You have my support and money obviously. I can preorder Sots:GP right now. :)

However, I hope this does not mean that you stop developing SOTS 4X and The Pit branches.

I'm starting to question if anyone actually reads the forums...

Melkor

Post by Melkor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:36 pm

ddub wrote:I'm starting to question if anyone actually reads the forums...

Am I overlooked something?
Yeah, fankly, I am not a regular visitor :) But I think you should put such a statements somewhere in the obvious place :)

So, may be you point me to the right post / thead? :)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm

For newcomers to the universe, it will be a very cool SF turn based wargame set at the battalion level. Different races, different planet conditions and different objectives will make it a challenge for people who are familiar with ww2 or modern era ground combat at this level but with enough frames of reference so they are not lost in a strange world and time.

For sotsverse fans this will be a huge look into how events and battles outside the Star Navy POV progressed. You will see familiar terms and weapon systems but how they are deployed on the ground will make everything new and deadly. The thing to realize though is that each unit is made up of hundreds of beings and dozens of vehicles. This is not ship to ship stuff here but the same rules of tactical play do carry over...know your enemies weaknesses, know your strengths and know what job you are trying to get done. ;)

DatonKallandor

Post by DatonKallandor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Will those Assault Shuttles we've been launching at planets for years be making an appearance? And will they be suitably scary to justify their place as the top-of-the-pack in anti-ground support?
Locusts ate my AI Rebellion and all I got was this lousy T-shirt

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:30 pm

You will see Assault shuttles both as squadrons and as abstracted support cards...but you will also be seeing the AA units they fear ;)

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Will we be able to customize our ground units like sots prime and sots 2?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Sorry zanz, I just said you were not running individual units...battalions are not single ships.

Kissamies

Post by Kissamies » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Excellent timing. I currently have some good will towards crowdfunding projects due to Shadowrun Returns, which I backed, turning out to be pretty good (IMO, I know there are some that disagree) and The Pit was pretty good too. Count me in. Looking something like Panzer General is also a bonus.

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Sooo, not to sound impatient, but any word on the schedule for this? I can't wait. :awesome:
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:07 pm

You can wet your appetite on the alpha demo soon. It is basic in terms of options and units but it will give you a clear idea of gameflow and play. Rumor has it there may be an android demo available down the line a bit further. :twisted:

fibio

Post by fibio » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:11 pm

If we're getting assult shuttles will there be a whole air layer of combat and control or will that be abstracted through cards? Also, can we use those uber weapons hanging in orbit to affect the terrain, demolishing hills, diverting rivers and anihilating cities for example?
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:19 pm

yeah fib...cause that's why you field an army...so you can blow potholes in a world from orbit and kill your own dudes...nice one! :P

But yes there will be an aircombat layer and airfields will be important. The alpha demo is just ground units though.

fibio

Post by fibio » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Note to self: think before posting.
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Mecron wrote:Sorry zanz, I just said you were not running individual units...battalions are not single ships.

Yes, but they are made out of individual things like tanks... so, if, for example... you research graviton beams... you are saying you can't apply it to your tanks?

Return to “GP General Discussion”