Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Post by Mecron » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:37 pm

The deck is NOT your army. Units and Cards are 2 separate things.

And yes your units will be lore timeline appropriate. And yes your Armies will be faction-centric

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Mecron wrote:Windows, Android, mac, Linux, iOS, pads and phones assuming stretch goals are met. PC and Android phones and pads available at minimum.

Great. Planning on picking up a win 8 tablet for my hour long bus rides for work and my Linux VM is lonely. And, please don't tell me just Ubuntu.
I'm NOT a cat!

DarkCecilo

Post by DarkCecilo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:25 am

You have my purchase, maybe I can put that raise to something other than food. Granted, this isn't exactly my kind of Genre, but never hurts to try new things, and having it set in a universe you already like helps quite a bit.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:33 am

We will hold you to that for Sots: Restaurant Owner! :lol:

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:35 am

Mecron wrote:We will hold you to that for Sots: Restaurant Owner! :lol:

Would that be something rather like the restraunt at the end of the universe?

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:53 am

Seems like a great game, you can count on my support when the kickstater is lunched! :)

ddub
Kerberos

Post by ddub » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:54 am

Nall White wrote:Does multiple platforms mean "Windows something or other"? And, will we get more of DDub's time for LoW now? You'll have my support again. Given my current plumbing issues come to an end.

You all know I dont sleep... so dont worry about that.

arglabarg

Post by arglabarg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:22 am

Fix SOTS 2 and your fans will consider buying another game. I don't know about publishers but fans are prepared to forgive a lot if they can sink the number of hours into SOTS 2 that they did with SOTS. It's close, all it needs is an AI fix (finances, ship construction, tactical combat) and/or multiplayer that doesn't become unstable after turn 100.

Go on to newer games with a lower budget and lower appeal and I don't see this working out for you though. Sorry.

I know I'll probably be kicked off the forums for expressing this sort of opinion but I want you to succeed and I think leaving SOTS 2 in this state is going to sink your ship.

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:30 am

ddub wrote:
Nall White wrote:Does multiple platforms mean "Windows something or other"? And, will we get more of DDub's time for LoW now? You'll have my support again. Given my current plumbing issues come to an end.

You all know I dont sleep... so dont worry about that.

they haven't given up on sots. But, you have to eat and keep the lights on
I'm NOT a cat!

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:53 am

arglabarg wrote:Fix SOTS 2 and your fans will consider buying another game. I don't know about publishers but fans are prepared to forgive a lot if they can sink the number of hours into SOTS 2 that they did with SOTS. It's close, all it needs is an AI fix (finances, ship construction, tactical combat) and/or multiplayer that doesn't become unstable after turn 100.

We have put a lot of work into SotS2, post-release, and post-Paradox support. The last public update was at the end of June - since then there have been a handful of additional, non-public updates (a minimum of one a week) that we have released in beta. If you look in the SotS2 beta forums, you'll see people are actively playing and talking about the beta build. Eventually these betas will go public, but if you'd like to try the beta updates, see the AI changes, and provide feedback, you can;

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=34895

arglabarg wrote:Go on to newer games with a lower budget and lower appeal and I don't see this working out for you though. Sorry.

I know I'll probably be kicked off the forums for expressing this sort of opinion but I want you to succeed and I think leaving SOTS 2 in this state is going to sink your ship.

Well, it worked very well with The Pit, which has helped us continue to update SotS2. Our ship still floats because of a lower budget, lower appeal game, actually. And as I said, if you weren't aware, SotS2 has not been left at all, we continue to actively work on it.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:55 am

Oh argy how could we boot someone has this quote in his resume?

"SotS II tactical combat is without a doubt the most polished space combat simulation in existence."

After that how could we not love ya forever;)

GildedBear

Post by GildedBear » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:22 am

I want this, by the way. Only half joking there. I know you guys could make it awesome, particularly with all of the potential for inter-species stuff, like hivers getting drunk at the cheese tastings or a traveler stealing that awesome souffle your chef just cooked up.

Iejir_Isk

Post by Iejir_Isk » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:29 am

hmm... wonder if zuul will be able to snag other factions units ... >.> also, waiting for kickstarter link...

DarkCecilo

Post by DarkCecilo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:27 am

I hold the right not to buy anything that goes near the concept of MOBAs. Just FYI. Possibly First Person Shooters too.

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 am

DarkCecilo wrote:

I hold the right not to buy anything that goes near the concept of MOBAs. Just FYI. Possibly First Person Shooters too.

FPS in the style of Quake or Doom however :twisted: but no, that would be very costly development-wise so I do not really think that is feasible... Anyway, what kind of genre apart from turn-based strategies would Kerbies like to produce once they get rich and famous? 8)
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Return to “GP General Discussion”