Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Lucian

Re: Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Post by Lucian » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:12 am

I did'nt chip in for The Pit because it wasn't my kind of game, but this looks *really* interesting. Nice job on coming up with a game concept that presses all the right buttons, I think I'll contribute to this one.

God but it would be awesome if this ground combat game were integrated with SOTSII as its ground combat module. And yes I know it would make game turns take forever, but it would almost be worth it :)

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:15 pm

I have to sadly assume that there is no direct tie-in with SOTS2? Such as invading a planet, and this game launches up and recalls that I have that siege LV in orbit...

Also... perhaps I'm blind or not been asked yet... is there MP support, and can more than 2 players fight on the same map?
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Adamfostas

Post by Adamfostas » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 pm

I held off on backing The Pit because I'm not a massive fan of roguelikes. However, it turned out to be great and I've got loads of playtime out of it. I'll be backing this - especially as it's on Kickstarter rather than Indiegogo. Never played a hex game like this before, except Civ 5.

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Mecron wrote:Hey Folks!

Welcome to the newest SotSverse game, GroundPounders! SotS:GP is an old-school, beer and pretzel wargame in the tradition of the classic Panzer General. It will play quick and introduce you to battalion-level ground combat in the SotS universe and is intended for various platforms. Its planned it will be fully multiplayer-capable across platforms. This game will be presented on Kickstarter and an alpha level demo will be released soon. *snip*

I believe this answers your questions regarding MP Rossinna 8)
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Sayeth wrote:
Mecron wrote:Hey Folks!

Welcome to the newest SotSverse game, GroundPounders! SotS:GP is an old-school, beer and pretzel wargame in the tradition of the classic Panzer General. It will play quick and introduce you to battalion-level ground combat in the SotS universe and is intended for various platforms. Its planned it will be fully multiplayer-capable across platforms. This game will be presented on Kickstarter and an alpha level demo will be released soon. *snip*

I believe this answers your questions regarding MP Rossinna 8)

I need my eyes checked. Where's the local Liir doctor?
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

vince904

Post by vince904 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Looks awesome, you can count on my purchase!

Thrake

Post by Thrake » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 pm

I always had a soft spot for turn based strategy. As long as it can keep me wondering how on hell I could win a battle, I'll want to get it. I will keep an eye on it surely. Out of curiosity, how "big" is it intended to be as a game - don't know how you would measure it; perhaps in developping time, or expected release prise, or wathever appeals you. What is done with kickstart funds: say you get much more than you wanted initially; how is it used?

Nomikos

Post by Nomikos » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Why, I would hope that the surplus is spent on beer and pretzels :P

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

One of the stretch goals will be a 4'th race and campaign ;)

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:55 pm

ooo baby liir! this looks like fun ! finally something for my ipad to keep me busy when wife wants to talk! gratz to kerberos on not only rocking the boat but blasting it to space ( and back to the ground ). You know you have my support , any ETA on kickstarter ?
Encountersuitic Pelvic Thrust...... 96% of sheridan, kosh talks .......

Laurence1211

Post by Laurence1211 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Well this is cool, I will back this project as well. I might even get round to playing this one on my nexus... :lol:

CrystalDragonSora

Post by CrystalDragonSora » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:17 pm

This looks amazing. :D
The Crystal Dragon has a blog and Twitter!
We are...seven swords in unison.

The sun was born, and so it shall die, so only shadows comfort me. I know in darkness, I will find you, giving up inside like me... Each day shall end as it begins, and though you're far away from me... I know in darkness, I will find you, giving up inside like me...

arglabarg

Post by arglabarg » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:02 am

Mecron wrote:Oh argy how could we boot someone has this quote in his resume?

"SotS II tactical combat is without a doubt the most polished space combat simulation in existence."

After that how could we not love ya forever;)

I still think a skirmish mode/spinoff game with just the SotS II tactical combat engine/assets would be a sure thing. Wouldn't it be cheap to make? I'd buy it. I'd recommend it to friends.

castewarkp wrote:We have put a lot of work into SotS2, post-release, and post-Paradox support. The last public update was at the end of June - since then there have been a handful of additional, non-public updates (a minimum of one a week) that we have released in beta. If you look in the SotS2 beta forums, you'll see people are actively playing and talking about the beta build. Eventually these betas will go public, but if you'd like to try the beta updates, see the AI changes, and provide feedback, you can;

I guess I'll have to go check it out.

DatonKallandor

Post by DatonKallandor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Yeah a SotS 2 tactical combat standalone skirmish game would be amazing. Great depth because of all the complex systems, a lot of different weapons and ship hulls and the assets for almost all of it already exist. Throw in some goodies and/or a discount for owners of SotS 2 and you've got a PR Goldmine.

Maybe the Kickstarter after Ground Pounders (which I'll absolutely pitch in for - I love Hex-based Turn Based Strategy).
Locusts ate my AI Rebellion and all I got was this lousy T-shirt

Melkor

Post by Melkor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Great news! You have my support and money obviously. I can preorder Sots:GP right now. :)

However, I hope this does not mean that you stop developing SOTS 4X and The Pit branches.

Return to “GP General Discussion”