Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

DarkCecilo

Re: Welcome to the Planet Wars!

Post by DarkCecilo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 pm

I would certainly hope not, our starships have to use nuclear, fusion and anti-matter reactors to field such high output weaponry, I am not sure fielding a tank that has a nuclear, fusion or anti-matter reactor on a field would be good for much other than yaknow, Killing everyone and everything including your own troops.

Also that wold be one huge tank.

fibio

Post by fibio » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Ever heard of Bolos?
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 am

Ahem

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 am

Mecron wrote:You can wet your appetite on the alpha demo soon. It is basic in terms of options and units but it will give you a clear idea of gameflow and play. Rumor has it there may be an android demo available down the line a bit further. :twisted:

:D Brilliant.
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

ForceUser

Post by ForceUser » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:21 am

Yey! This sou nds awesome. I used to play the heck out of battle isles and A bridge to far. Looking forward to this!
Perspective Man: Much like common sense, it's so rare it's a gorram superpower.
Agent.nihilist wrote:Ooo! Whats the gesture for ramming!?
Korgan wrote:probably a pelvic thrust
Mecron wrote:oy that is wrong at so many levels...well done! :P

Melkor

Post by Melkor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 am

Great!

And will we get surface warfare in next SotS addon/version? :)

Xonosch

Post by Xonosch » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 am

Mecron wrote:You can wet your appetite on the alpha demo soon. It is basic in terms of options and units but it will give you a clear idea of gameflow and play. Rumor has it there may be an android demo available down the line a bit further. :twisted:
[..]
The alpha demo is just ground units though.

GP looks very interesting so far. It's also very nice of you to let us have a look at the game this early (in alpha stage).

zacharias499

Post by zacharias499 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:35 am

Will your progress/preferences (in armies etc) carry over cross platform? Will 1 purchase support multiple platforms ie iOS/PC/Droid?

zortlord

Post by zortlord » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm

The game looks cool and the portability aspect is very intriguing. Just curious- there was talk a while back (unless mistaken - a faction that holds ground) about ground combat going into SOTS2. With the announcement of this stand alone game is there an implication that ground combat will not be added to flagship SOTS2?

Xonosch

Post by Xonosch » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:40 pm

zortlord wrote:The game looks cool and the portability aspect is very intriguing. Just curious- there was talk a while back (unless mistaken - a faction that holds ground) about ground combat going into SOTS2. With the announcement of this stand alone game is there an implication that ground combat will not be added to flagship SOTS2?

Mecron wrote:(disclaimer: (cause folks like to go crazy) This announcement in NO way affects Sots/SotS2 and any future expansions and their happy home at Paradox. SotS 4x games continues to be members of the Paradox family of games...capiche?) ;)

[..]

I'd say this is pretty clear. The statement above was announced together with The Pit and I believe it is still valid for Ground Pounders. Regarding the actual contents of another expansion to SotS2 I am not aware of more than wild speculations and mabye one or two vague comments by Mecron. I doubt that Mecron will say anything definite here about an expansion that may never become real.
Last edited by Xonosch on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 pm

zortlord wrote:The game looks cool and the portability aspect is very intriguing. Just curious- there was talk a while back (unless mistaken - a faction that holds ground) about ground combat going into SOTS2. With the announcement of this stand alone game is there an implication that ground combat will not be added to flagship SOTS2?

From what I heard, this ground combat will be a part of the next "big" expansion for SotS2 and as such, it is not up to Kerbies when and if it will be created but when and if Paradox wants to fund it.

EDIT: got ninja'd :roll:
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Zach, we are looking at various methods to make at least your profile available to all versions of the game you are using but this can be tricky when jumping from say iOS to Android. And sorry, at the price point we are aiming at, we cannot provide free copies of the game on other platforms when you buy it on one. Of course, when you purchase it for a phone you get it on your corresponding pad as well if you have one, as is standard for the phone/pad industry.

Zabaron
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Zabaron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:43 am

Mecron wrote:we cannot provide free copies of the game on other platforms when you buy it on one. Of course, when you purchase it for a phone you get it on your corresponding pad as well if you have one, as is standard for the phone/pad industry.

What about Windows/Linux/Mac? The standard on Steam seems to be one purchase covers all supported desktop OSes, will that also be true for GP? Will you even be using Steam as your distribution platform? Just curious.

--Zabaron
"ʎq ʎlɟ ʎǝɥʇ sɐ ǝʞɐɯ ʎǝɥʇ punos ƃuıɥsooʍ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌol ı ˙sǝuılpɐǝp ǝʌol ı"
sɯɐpɐ sɐlƃnop-

kafka

Post by kafka » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:54 am

for the love of Sword of the Stars, I'll support you!

Btw

I suppose planetary invasion is going to be the main feature in the next SOTS 2 expansion?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

Been waiting to hear news about this one for a while, glad to see it's ready for the public to get a taste. :)

Will check out the demo tonight or this weekend, when I get a chance. 8)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “GP General Discussion”