Kickstarter and europeans!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Sniperski

Kickstarter and europeans!

Post by Sniperski » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Last edited by Sniperski on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not only does God play dice with the world—He does not let us see what He has rolled.

Stanislaw Lem

Sniperski

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by Sniperski » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:43 pm

For the rest of you europeans, contributing to the kickstarter worked fine from my regular amazon account!
(am swedish)
Not only does God play dice with the world—He does not let us see what He has rolled.

Stanislaw Lem

slyscorpion

Re: Kickstarter and europeans!

Post by slyscorpion » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 am

If only Kickstarter gave people alternatives to Amazon, I would pledge right away. I already have two payment processing accounts: PayPal and Moneybookers, I sure as hell don't need a third one.

PayPal and Moneybookers are great because they don't need a damn usurious credit card in order to use them.

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:46 am

I really don’t understand why some people seems to hate credit cards so much, and I am frankly a bit amazed that there are regular internet users that don’t even have one…
To me they are an easy and safe way to use money and I almost never carry any cash above 100 Dkr (=20 US$)
But I guess that credit cards work less well in some countries (other than Denmark)?

slyscorpion

Post by slyscorpion » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 am

Kris Lighthawk wrote:I really don’t understand why some people seems to hate credit cards so much, and I am frankly a bit amazed that there are regular internet users that don’t even have one…
To me they are an easy and safe way to use money and I almost never carry any cash above 100 Dkr (=20 US$)
But I guess that credit cards work less well in some countries (other than Denmark)?

I don't hate them, I just don't need to use them as I already have all I need to make purchases over the net.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:36 pm

I sense a confusion between credit and debit cards here. For instance I don't know anyone having a credit card but plenty of people having debit cards. And I can pay with my debit MasterCard just fine on most websites.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Heya

Vendor Credit Card (VCC): A line of lending available via a piece of plastic. Usurious rates are charged on any amounts lent via the use of the card, though usually only after a full 30 days of the debt being incurred and remaining. Note that many of these cards offer cash via ATM's and the ilk, with the interest rates charged immediately for such cash withdrawals instead of after the 30 day limit for other transactions.

Bank Debit Card (BDC): A way to access existing funds from a bank account. Often used in Point of Sale machines or ATM's.

Vendor Debit Card (VDC): Similar to a Bank Debit Card, but using the standard Vendor card conventions instead of the Bank card conventions. Still tied to a bank account, yes even the pre-paid ones. Gift card VDC's do not seem to be tied to a bank account.

Effective differences:
Vendor Credit Cards have a limit set by the Vendor, while the Vendor Debit Card limit is set by how much you have in the corresponding bank account.
As I consider the risk to be defined solely by the amount at risk, Debit Cards allow for a heck of a lot more control over the risk than Credit Cards do.
( generally, both Vendor Credit and Debit cards are used for the same transactions, thus the definition of risk above )

I have encountered a few situations in which the VDC did not have the same level of service as the VCC, but in general I am happier with a VDC than a VCC.
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Return to “GP General Discussion”