Your favorite Ground Pounders art!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Select up to 4 favorites out of the first 10 GP artworks

Solforce Tank, Nightly Urban Setting
18%
Tarkan Tank, Blue-ish theme
11%
Air Fighter, Shark Paint
2%
Air Transport, Blue Sky
5%
Tarkas Waving
16%
Hivers Inside Barracks
9%
Tank Advancing, Battlefield
5%
Hivers & Flames
9%
Hidden Tarkan Tank Firing
16%
Solforce Hover Tank(?)
9%

Total votes: 44

Vanish

Your favorite Ground Pounders art!

Post by Vanish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Heya,

I thought it would be cool to compile the game-related art that was released so far, and see what everyone's tastes are like. I resized some of them so they could be shown in pairs, and added the golden border to pictures that didn't have them, since it makes for such a fitting portrait IMO.

I hope that didn't mess them up too badly :P . To add a quirky personal touch, I gave a theme or 2 to each pair, as in the way I interpret the images together (nothing special I know, but it's fun, you should try it! :) ). There's 12 of them in total but Polls are limited to 10 options, so you can't vote for the last 2, sorry :oops: Hope you like it, and enjoy the pics as much as I did!

All due props to KB artists of course! And the guys who put those pictures and updates up on the crowdsource project in the first place!

Nocturne Taint
Death & Salvation From Above
Victory / Calm Before The Storm
Aftermath / No Man's Land
Might
Scorching Desert / Wait What?*
* I chose to add the Tarka Academy picture at the last minute for 2 main reasons: It has a unique style that sets it appart, and it made me realise my ideal soulmate is definitely someone who can fire a bow with her legs :clap:

What would you like to see more of?
For me, I'd like to see more infantry in action. Maybe also special or powerful cards in action, although that might be a difficult request.
Last edited by Vanish on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Very nice!
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Space Voyager

Re: Your favorite Ground Pounders art!

Post by Space Voyager » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Vanish wrote:I chose to add the Tarka Academy picture at the last minute for 2 main reasons: It has a unique style that sets it appart, and it made me realise my ideal soulmate is definitely someone who can fire a bow with her legs

Ah, but you don't even need to leave the safe haven of Earth to find your soulmate. There is hope for you, what about those who want their soulmate to lay eggs? Wait, let's not get into "this too can be done on Earth"... :lol:

Love the art, really love it.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Hamann

Post by Hamann » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:02 pm

My first pick had to be the blue-ish theme tarka tank firing. I think it set the mood for the game very nicely as a serious wargame in spaaaace!

Then, there are those tarka waving. Really nice, it really brings home the feeling that those alien species are not THAT different from us, in that they have their own lives, and are fighting for something they value. This got to be one of my favorite traits of Arinn's writing, making me feel like I could be one individual of those alien species.

Third pick was the hivers tank being shot. I set it up as my wallpaper as soon as it got released. Really powerful picture. The outline of the hiver riding the... scorpion like thing is really cool.

Last pick was the Human (?) hover tank in battle. Mostly because of the architecture at the back, and the cool composition for the buildings, smoke, forest and tank.

Runner-up was the tarka tank firing in the woods. Another powerful picture, but I like the hivers best, and I really liked the architecture shown in the human hover tank picture.
Hannster on Steam
Nubirak on most MMOs

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Voted for the 3rd one 'Air fighter, shark paint.'.
Why? See how many different weapons it has on it? Seems to follow how this universe likes "There no such thing as overkill.".

And because it made me realize that GP could easily become a FPS. Joke? Maybe. ;)
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Shhhhh! Look into this pen, rossinna :twisted:

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Mecron wrote:Shhhhh! Look into this pen, rossinna :twisted:

Wouldn't that be slightly ineffective, if one can come back to the same conclusion again?
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Hidden Tarkan Tank Firing :hween:

Vanish

Post by Vanish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:43 am

Space Voyager wrote:Ah, but you don't even need to leave the safe haven of Earth to find your soulmate. There is hope for you

Hahaha what the hell, that is amazing. She's doing it with almost nothing to balance on. Still got nothing on Wara Jang though :lol:

I just wanted to say, thanks for the participation. I put some small efforts into trying to build a decent poll and if even just a handful of people take the time to voice their appreciation or opinions, it means a lot. I actually genuinely like hearing opinions/thoughts, even if that's all they are.

Now when the IGG campaign goes live... I'll be counting on you guys =) Except, not wallet-wise :twisted:
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

Return to “GP General Discussion”