GroundPounders Crowdsource: Part Deux!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Kris Lighthawk

Re: GroundPounders Crowdsource: Part Deux!

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Mecron wrote:3= I will make myself available within in reason for any challenger/contributor ;)

Well you got at least one challenger now, because there was no way I could resist a chance to beat you at your own game ;)

Really a good idea with that perk… I am a bit surprised I was the first to grab that (well worth the $5 upgrade from the beta access)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Hee hee. Props to you, Kris, most definitely. :D

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

FireStorm20

Post by FireStorm20 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Got my first salary for the few days work of last month at my new job, so was able to step up to 15 $ :) (untill next full month salary its still tight).On the plus side i selected no perks and plan to buy the game whien its finished with full price.

Good luck guys, make GP and SOTS2 great:)

Btw it seems poeple have warmed up by the past kickstarter lol it goes pretty good i think:).
Faded steel heat

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Kris Lighthawk wrote:
Mecron wrote:3= I will make myself available within in reason for any challenger/contributor ;)

Well you got at least one challenger now, because there was no way I could resist a chance to beat you at your own game ;)

Really a good idea with that perk… I am a bit surprised I was the first to grab that (well worth the $5 upgrade from the beta access)

If at all possible, you should record the game! Bonus points for cursing in a foreign language at appropriate times. Could there be face cam for Mec on all the challenger-games? Those seem to be pretty popular on youtube for some formats.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

DemoMonkey

Post by DemoMonkey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm in.

If I already picked a perk that includes a copy of the game, can I ALSO pick a perk that is JUST a copy of the game and gift it to someone?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 pm

DemoMonkey wrote:I'm in.

If I already picked a perk that includes a copy of the game, can I ALSO pick a perk that is JUST a copy of the game and gift it to someone?

Absolutely. Just grab the Early Bird while they last--that is the lowest price for just a single copy of the game.

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 am

Ok folks! Nice work and an awesome pace to the first 100...now we have to get the interest back of those other 300! ;)

burn

Post by burn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 pm

ddub wrote:
burn wrote:No more Sots2? sad..

Umm, you dont read the forums at all do you?...

What's that supposed to mean Darren? you posted somewhere that you people were planning on hiring another programmer, or two? would be nice indeed. unless of course you meant youre not going to be wasting your time on groundpounder. right?

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:43 pm

What he was referring to was this Sticky in the SotS 2 Forum where Mecron lays out the plan for continuing support of SotS 2. Since Paradox, like most publishers, does not provide any funding for patches, the ongoing support from Kerberos has been on their own time and with their own money. The indy projects bring in funds that pay for the programers to continue to support SotS 2.

So by buying The Pit and supporting Ground Pounders, you are directly supporting updates for SotS 2 as well as getting some new fun games out of the deal. :)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:52 pm

burn wrote:What's that supposed to mean Darren? you posted somewhere that you people were planning on hiring another programmer, or two? would be nice indeed. unless of course you meant youre not going to be wasting your time on groundpounder. right?

If by waste his time on GroundPounders - he's currently donating his time *for free* with the work he does on his off hours on SOTS2.

The only way SOTS2 continues getting fixes is the Kerberos team continues to receive a paycheck. Said paycheck is not coming from Paradox currently so they need to seek out other funding options - including making new games like GroundPounders.

Supporting GroundPounders = Supporting continued SOTS2 development (AND supporting a great new game).

ddub
Kerberos

Post by ddub » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:06 pm

burn wrote:
ddub wrote:
burn wrote:No more Sots2? sad..

Umm, you dont read the forums at all do you?...

What's that supposed to mean Darren? you posted somewhere that you people were planning on hiring another programmer, or two? would be nice indeed. unless of course you meant youre not going to be wasting your time on groundpounder. right?

Well I love beating a dead horse as much as the next guy (dead horse referring to people keep questioning SOTS 2 support). It gets asked repeatedly and is at least mentioned in most of the stickied topics (as well as mentioned and referred to in several other topics throughout SOTS2 forums, GP forums, and The Pit forums).

Every time an update comes up about a new game, new campaign, dlc..., someone asks (or does a drama filled "No Sots 2 :cry: " post) if there is support. :roll:
YES there is!
There was an update a few weeks ago and there is a beta being prepped at the moment.

Maybe its the caffeinated beverages coursing through my veins, but hey read a little, or at least do a search.
Knowledge is power ;)

Thanks,

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 am

ddub wrote:Knowledge is power ;)

In your case, wouldn't energy drinks like red bull be what powers you? J/K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 am

Little known fact: Red Bull is actually made of Knowledge.

--Arinn

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 am

Erinys wrote:Little known fact: Red Bull is actually made of Knowledge.

--Arinn

And all this time I thought it was made out of sugar, caffiene, taurine, and guarana...

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:25 am

Heya

Actually, the locals seem to be drinking something called Beaver Buzz... No Bull

:D
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Return to “GP General Discussion”