GroundPounders Crowdsource: Part Deux!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

burn

Re: GroundPounders Crowdsource: Part Deux!

Post by burn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Well I love beating a dead horse as much as the next guy (dead horse referring to people keep questioning SOTS 2 support). It gets asked repeatedly and is at least mentioned in most of the stickied topics (as well as mentioned and referred to in several other topics throughout SOTS2 forums, GP forums, and The Pit forums).

Every time an update comes up about a new game, new campaign, dlc..., someone asks (or does a drama filled "No Sots 2 :cry: " post) if there is support. :roll:
YES there is!
There was an update a few weeks ago and there is a beta being prepped at the moment.

Maybe its the caffeinated beverages coursing through my veins, but hey read a little, or at least do a search.
Knowledge is power ;)

Thanks,[/quote]

ill have to start by saying I am sure you will keep updating sots2 in order to finish it asap; it would be a shame not to, yes? its more or less a concern about the amount of time/money needed to finish it vs the income that the side projects are providing/time they are taking away from work on sots. yknow. Im wondering about the feasibility of a fully functional sots2 in the near future. if the only way for that to happen is giving an indeterminate amount of money in exchange for little games over the course of the next two years or more.. mmhm.

I suppose this is the kind of thought that'd require knowing the contract with paradox, and other private whatnots..
so yah, not going to find that info on forums.
also, youre not too caffeinated, and im not crying. youre just annoyed at random people potentially criticizing and im just annoyed at the fact that there's not many other options when it comes to serious strategy games.

yw

ddub
Kerberos

Post by ddub » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:41 pm

First off, accustom to my Canadian tradition, I do apologize for the agitation in my earlier reply. The question, comment, complaint... gets raised too often and it gets rather frustrating when people do not listen or read what we have stated and shown time and time again.
I want to make it clear, we are supporting SOTS 2, these other games DO support that.

burn wrote:ill have to start by saying I am sure you will keep updating sots2 in order to finish it asap; it would be a shame not to, yes? its more or less a concern about the amount of time/money needed to finish it vs the income that the side projects are providing/time they are taking away from work on sots. yknow. Im wondering about the feasibility of a fully functional sots2 in the near future. if the only way for that to happen is giving an indeterminate amount of money in exchange for little games over the course of the next two years or more.. mmhm.

These "side projects" do not take time away from SOTS2, they PROVIDE time for SOTS2. We get nothing from SOTS 2, we provide our support on our own time and out of pocket. Me personally, I would like to be able to put in more than my free time to get things for everyone asap. The unfortunate thing is that, in my state, I have to ensure my kids have a roof over their head and at least Kraft Dinner and hot dogs in their stomachs. I'd love to spend more time in the afternoon playing with them before they go to bed, but I made a commitment to SOTS 2 to provide my support at the cost of my time and money. This is also a reason why the frustration level goes high when the status of support comes into question.

burn wrote:I suppose this is the kind of thought that'd require knowing the contract with paradox, and other private whatnots..

We have always said its up to paradox for any expansions or anything more to do with SOTS 2.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35507&p=444789&hilit=paradox+sots+2#p444789

burn wrote:also, youre not too caffeinated, and im not crying. youre just annoyed at random people potentially criticizing and im just annoyed at the fact that there's not many other options when it comes to serious strategy games.

Once again, I do apologize for the frustration in the prior reply, but like I said, it does get rather frustrating sacrificing so much to have people think that you are going to give up or that you really do nothing. Plus referring to me as "Darren" on the forums was taken as a condescending remark (I know real name, but its like a parent disciplining a child). Will chalk the conversation to both being frustrated at some level and move on from the shots back and forth :)

Thanks,

saberrider

Post by saberrider » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:33 pm

ddub wrote:all what ddub said

ddub, never forget there are people out here thanking you on their knees for all the love you giving to SOTS2. :love:
antifascist.antiracist. - no gods.no masters. just free minds.

marshb

Post by marshb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 pm

saberrider wrote:
ddub wrote:all what ddub said

ddub, never forget there are people out here thanking you on their knees for all the love you giving to SOTS2. :love:

A hole in one! No joke! :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:13 am

@mecron: Just curious, for future projects and crowd funding... are you guys going to just use indiegogo, or will you re-try kickstarter? I think indiegogo is more EU friendly, and you do have some solid fans and market in EU countries. When you guys 1st announced GP, I was rather surprised you even considered using kickstarter...

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:05 am

There is no reason to choose one or the other. Many teams do both. Kickstarter is a good platform in many ways, and has some great features. But obviously it also has limitations.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Vanish

Post by Vanish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Almost 7k posts, go zanz go :thumbsup:

I think both CS platforms is actually a great idea. KS for the bulk of the content, IGG for flexible extra features. Both can show 2 different sides of the same coin.

In the meantime, here's a 3-step guide on how to succeed on IGG:
:mg: You guys should be homeless, suffering artists cast aside by life. Neckbeards are a bonus.
:mg: Make sure to mention all the unrelated advantages your product brings; your PC version is compatible with windows! (wow!)
:mg: Hire a likeable guy working on a popular but impossible/unfinishable non-gaming project. Put him in front of the camera for every video; merit or relevance is overrated!

Too many good folk around the world have too much money on their hands and are looking to bolster their conscience. You, too, can do your part to help them now.
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Shame on you for saying these mean but perfectly true things. :P

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:52 pm

He he he, phenomenal, both of you!
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:22 pm

repledged! gl kerb still hoping this gets to ipads sooner rather than later ;D
Encountersuitic Pelvic Thrust...... 96% of sheridan, kosh talks .......

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:25 pm

with help like yours it will!

FireStorm20

Post by FireStorm20 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Imust say the mini updates on indiegogo are quite nice, thanks.
Faded steel heat

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:48 am

Our pleasure. :)

--Arinn

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 am

Oh no, the pleasure is all ours! Really, great reads (and looks), all of them.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

The_Mess

Post by The_Mess » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:38 am

If the guy I'm doing casual labouring for gives me some more work next week, I should be able to chip in some funds :D

Return to “GP General Discussion”