GroundPounders Crowdsource: Part Deux!

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: GroundPounders Crowdsource: Part Deux!

Post by Erinys » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 am

Thank you! That would be great. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:20 am

The last Q&A video with Nick Naso doesn't have any voice, just music...

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:06 pm

True.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

FireStorm20

Post by FireStorm20 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:24 pm

A bit late , but posted on the 2 forums i frequent 2k and stardrive.Maybe will convince somebody to chip in...

Btw can poeple still support the game after the campaign ends?
Faded steel heat

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm

You can always buy it when it's finished. :)

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

FireStorm20

Post by FireStorm20 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Erinys wrote:You can always buy it when it's finished. :)

--Arinn

:) i plan to :).I was askign more in the way if my posting on the forums this late had any sense...
Faded steel heat

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:39 am

$18,051 out of $20,000. Congratulations Kerb. Sorry I couldn't do the true believer again, but finances are low right now due to both of my 570s dying within 6 months of each other.

Look forward to the release. I assume its coming to Steam eventually like The Pit did?
Sword of the Stars 2 - Project Hiver modder - work in progress.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:42 am

Rossinna you have done more than enough already. You have our eternal thanks!

And yes, GP should be in the same markets as The Pit...Well, more really cause it will start on the Droids as well ;)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 am

I've added a large update with images to the crowd-funding campaign pages for Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders, but I thought I would also post an update here, for those who generally come to the forums for information on the progress of the Lore Book projects. Text and images embedded below. :)

Arinn wrote:Well, the work has been very hard and the delays have been long, folks...but the Premium Lore Book is almost done!

All content is complete, and we are currently working on the editorial phase for this project, polishing the pages and chapters to make each one the shining gem that our supporters deserve. :D

Right now my desk at the Kerberos offices is piled deep with rough proofing pages of the full Lore Book on paper. It is running over 400 pages right now, in full color, with three additional chapters which were not planned for the original book--One on the Suul'ka, one on the Loa, and a third on our independent projects including the Pit and Ground Pounders.

Here's some of the pages from the Hiver chapter--as you can see, my red pen is busily at work making improvements...

A lay-out for the Tarka chapter. Kinda like this one...

But it looks like the color needs to be adjusted on the illustration of the Tarka homeworld!

The Liir chapter is very...blue. A lot of the blues are printing a bit too dark, and need to be adjusted. Still...the illustrations are going to look great in the next draft.

Whereas this page of the Mindi is looking just awesome and doesn't need a thing done to it!

Zuul pages are sometimes a little dark, at times. But hey, realistically speaking...the Zuul ARE a little dark at times...

The Morrigi chapter, on the other hand, just needs a lot of its images to be BIGGER. MOAR Morrigi...

Kinda like this.

My production delays in 2013 do have one positive result: MOAR chapters in the Lore Book! Here's some pages from the chapter on the Suul'ka, featuring concept art and an interview with artist John Yakimow.

And we also have a big, beautiful chapter on everyone's favorite AI Rebellion, the Loa.

Seriously, the Loa chapter is full of awesome stuff. :)

And last but not least, we've included a chapter with lots of concept art, a little lore and some team interviews with the developers of The Pit and Ground Pounders!

Upshot is...we're very close, guys, and I want those of you who have been patiently waiting until I was well enough again to finish my work to know that I really appreciate you, and your support. We'll order a full printed proof from the printer when our editorial phase is complete, and then it'll be time to order the limited print run, have the team personally sign each copy, and send them out to you!

On a personal note...this "Scenes From Arinn's Desk" update for the Big Premium Lore Book is something I'm very happy to be posting today. I am busily polishing the chapters, but this project is very close to done. Ten years of work and fifteen product releases, all compressed into this compendium of concept art, illustrations, lore and team interviews.

Pretty big project. I'm really glad we will have it in the hands of our crowd-funding supporters soon. :)

--Arinn

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:17 pm

400 pages... Aw ya. :) Thank everyone involved in the lore book, can't wait for May. Your freaking spoiling us it's loaded with awesome.

Also just realized nice monitor (got the same one). ;p
Last edited by Hawawaa on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Sad that we can't throw more mone money at kerberos and order lore books outside of a crowd funding campaign... :(

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Well, IIRC the Lore Book was only supposed to be available during The Pit Indiegogo campaign, then after that ended it was put on sale for a while on the Kerberos website (with the Black Section book), then it was made available again during both Ground Pounders funding campaigns... so they've given us a lot of opportunities to get it...

Return to “GP General Discussion”