General tips for first time players?

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

The Apprentice

General tips for first time players?

Post by The Apprentice » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:06 am

I'm looking forward to playing the game tonight seriously for the first time. Aside from "read the manual," "RTFM," "RRTFM," and the like, are there any general tips players wish they had known before diving in?
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: General tips for first time players?

Post by Mecron » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:50 am

Command units generate dice ;)

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 am

Artilerry support is a god-send. MLR arty is god-like. Especially if you play that +2 dice card on it,

Try to flank/encircle the enemy. If you force a unit to retreat, and it retreats into the ZoC of another of your units, it automatically takes readiness damage.

Take one supply truck. It's a god-send on some mission as you need to extend the supply range.

Take out enemy command units (enemy has less dice and supply range) and target their supply depots. Quick moving, light units can frak the enemy army up that way.

Combine firepower to maximize your chances, but remember - the dice giveth, the dice taketh away ;p
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Another tip - focus on buying new units instead of upgrading.
You NEED units or you'll fall into the same trap I have - desperately needing units for a mission, but only having 2-3 that aren't fatigued.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Stalin allegedly said: "Quantity has a quality all its own." Allegedly. Him or somebody else, the Russians definitely proved the concept. Along with the "Winter is coming.". :)
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Thing about Stalin is he might as well as said it as being more clever than him in public was a death sentence anyway :twisted:

kanwal

Post by kanwal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:15 am

From what I recall, the display tracked the lowest remaining type.

It took me a long time to find the 5th Candy egg, so my readout stayed at 4/15 for quite some time. This was despite eating 5 normal eggs and 5 chocolate eggs. When I finally ate a single 5th candy egg, it unlocked.

If you are sure you have eaten 5 eggs of each type over multiple playthroughs, it sounds like a bug. If that isn't the case, it sounds like the display issue I experienced.
Unlock the key of your success by Testking gre test and Six Sigma Green Belt By using our latest passguide and ju study Southern California Institute of Architecture you can easily pass selftestengine exam.

Return to “GP General Discussion”