Niiben

Spaceships may control the black, but planets are controlled in the mud.

Moderator: Erinys

Nall White

Niiben

Post by Nall White » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:02 am

Is this a hint of things to come?
I'm NOT a cat!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Niiben

Post by Erinys » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:46 pm

It would be nice to make a Liir expansion eventually. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Kaan'Ish

Post by Kaan'Ish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:31 pm

And what sort of ground forces would they use? I'm assuming, given the size of a typical Liir, that their combat vehicles would be tending more towards automation, like the Morrigi, but for reasons of practicality rather than cultural aesthetics. Of course, Liir battlesuited infantry would be pretty horrifying, as those battlesuits themselves seem likely to be developed into tank-like combat armours. If the Suul'Ka can build battlearmour that functions as a spacecraft, a ground-bound version of similar design intent with slimline energy weaponry and mobility aids to allow the Liir inside to concentrate telekinetic/pathic abilities on combat uses rather than levitating around would enhance an already dangerous alien considerably.

Not having played the Pit, where this is probably already answered, how feasible are personal energy shields? One assumes that metaconcert gives c3 advantages in non-interceptable communications and an eerie level of co-ordination to Liir combat tactics, allowing them to fight as dispersed units? Given their mobility difficulties on land, as well as their 3d living environment, I'm envisaging the Liir utilising fairly methodical combat doctrines, sweeping areas clear and then resuming an advance, while making heavy use of air support and multiple attack vectors. That may be extremely inaccurate, however...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:56 pm

there are liir units in the GP tark expansion, you should go check them out ;)

Kaan'Ish

Post by Kaan'Ish » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 pm

I should, especially as Groundpounders now HAS a Tarka expansion :D Hamstrung by a lack of home internet at the moment, but hope to be all over Groundpounders shortly.

Return to “GP General Discussion”