Tutorial issues

Problems with the PC Alpha Demo? Let us know!
(the demo being Alpha doesn't count as a technical support issue)
zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Tutorial issues

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 am

So, ok... I'm playing the tutorial, and I get to the supply phase... it walks me through how to inspect my commanding unit... I close that, click on some of the units it asked me to place earlier, click inspect... and I get the card for the commanding unit, and not the unit that is selected to inspect.

Nall White

Re: Tutorial issues

Post by Nall White » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:53 am

I'm stuck on selecting the enemy infantry. I do that and only get the option to inspect and close. Clicking any where else I get a message that isn't the request unit to select or not a valid location to move a unit.
I'm NOT a cat!

S0ny B1ack

Post by S0ny B1ack » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Nall White wrote:I'm stuck on selecting the enemy infantry. I do that and only get the option to inspect and close. Clicking any where else I get a message that isn't the request unit to select or not a valid location to move a unit.

Happened to me as well - pressing escape will unselect the unit which allowed me to continue the tutorial normally :)

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 pm

S0ny B1ack wrote:
Nall White wrote:I'm stuck on selecting the enemy infantry. I do that and only get the option to inspect and close. Clicking any where else I get a message that isn't the request unit to select or not a valid location to move a unit.

Happened to me as well - pressing escape will unselect the unit which allowed me to continue the tutorial normally :)

Thanks. I'll try again tonight.
I'm NOT a cat!

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 am

OK, hitting escape isn't doing anything. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm NOT a cat!

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Why don’t you just hit close, which will unselect the enemy unit so you can continue (selecting your armor, select attack then clicking on the enemy unit and playing death from above and attacking…)?

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Kris Lighthawk wrote:Why don’t you just hit close, which will unselect the enemy unit so you can continue (selecting your armor, select attack then clicking on the enemy unit and playing death from above and attacking…)?

I did and not working. I select the infantry then my armor and get the message I mentioned.
I'm NOT a cat!

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Just to be sure, are you aware that to attack a unit you must first select the one of your own units you want to attack with, and then click on attack in the radial menu, an then click on the enemy unit you want to attack?
(it seems to me that your problem is that you are trying to do it the other way around…)

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Kris Lighthawk wrote:Just to be sure, are you aware that to attack a unit you must first select the one of your own units you want to attack with, and then click on attack in the radial menu, an then click on the enemy unit you want to attack?
(it seems to me that your problem is that you are trying to do it the other way around…)

I could be doing it wrong. But, I can't deselect the Hiver infantry and can't select my armor. I'll wait until the next build.
I'm NOT a cat!

ddub
Kerberos

Post by ddub » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 pm

For now, just
select the attacking unit (your armor),
then select "Attack" in the radial menu,
then select the target to attack (dont deselect anything before, just select the target).

That should get you through the tutorial until we fix the issue.

Thanks

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Another thing that seems like a tutorial bug : when it says you have to give the order for your command unit to support the 2 other units you just moved, it would seem that it actually just wants that you move the command unit instead...

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:Another thing that seems like a tutorial bug : when it says you have to give the order for your command unit to support the 2 other units you just moved, it would seem that it actually just wants that you move the command unit instead...

Yup, you need to move the command unit up to support those two units you just moved - or they'll be outside of the supply range of the command unit.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Oh, ok, I thought it meant support as in "defend during combat"...

Return to “Alpha Demo Technical Support”